Can an updated T-Mobile G3 be rooted?

Mike Corrieri

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I did all the steps --- but after hitting enter to permaroot, it looked like it flashed It Worked before just exiting suddenly. So i didn't see anything else, and the phone was left on the DO NOT DISCONNECT graphic.

Finally, having given up, I disconnected anyway and rebooted. I installed supersu and root checker. Root checker shows the phone is rooted (when I clicked check, and gave it permissions). I thought it was supposed to appear to be unrooted?

How do I know if it did the twrp step?

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I just tried it from a mac. This is the final output (again no twrp or protection against the root checker)

Applying permaroot...
Waiting for system to settle...
Checking if it worked...
Permaroot worked, all done here. Moving on...
logout

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
So this version of purple Drake is root only, it doesn't do recovery. For now only the t-mobile G3 has an unlocked Boot loader, and thus can get a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
What I did was download the TWRP recovery image and then flash it with this free app from the market called Rashr. Worked like a charm

Attachments

• 15333.jpg
    15333.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 32

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol sure. I'm not much above noob status myself lol.

Download supersu from the market if you haven't already

Get the TWRP image for here: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/249

Download the Rashr app and open it. Allow super user permissions.

Select the recovery option, it's the second one down, after kernel.

Select other from storage (you haven't flashed a recovery yet so it'd not in the history.

Navigate to the file where you have the TWRP image and select it. It's probably in your downloads folder

And that's it. It should just take a few seconds to install. This app gives you the option to reboot into recovery, so you can immediately check to see if it worked

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Lol sure. I'm not much above noob status myself lol.

Download supersu from the market if you haven't already

Get the TWRP image for here: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/249

Download the Rashr app and open it. Allow super user permissions.

Select the recovery option, it's the second one down, after kernel.

Select other from storage (you haven't flashed a recovery yet so it'd not in the history.

Navigate to the file where you have the TWRP image and select it. It's probably in your downloads folder

And that's it. It should just take a few seconds to install. This app gives you the option to reboot into recovery, so you can immediately check to see if it worked

Thanks for this. Was quite painless lol

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234