LG G3 keyboard issue

jwil32101

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Every time i open the native text messenger i get 3 consecutive alerts saying "unfortunately google keyboard has stopped". How do i fix it....its so damn annoying! Thanks in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you use Google Keyboard at all, or do you use the stock LG keyboard? If you don't use Google Keyboard at all, go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Keyboard, and either Uninstall it (if you installed it yourself), or Disable it (if it came preinstalled).

If you'd still want to use Google Keyboard, then try Clear Cache/Clear Data on its app page.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you clarify--have you been using Google Keyboard, or the LG Keyboard, and what was it you tried that didn't help? I'm not entirely sure which one is misbehaving.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
LOVE SWYPE! It's on sale, or was for 99¢ in the Playstore. Best keyboard IMHO. No fun Emoji's....sad to say...basic.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm a fan of Kii Keyboard. Has all of the functions I need including a FULL space bar. Themed as KitKat Google keyboard.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My brother is having keyboard (LG native) issues. Certain keys won't work when he presses on them. I asked him to soft reset, clear the cache and nothings worked so far. Anyone have any ideas how to remedy this problem before I factory reset it for him? He has a Verizon G3. Thanks!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to let you guys know that I tried helping my brother with his keyboard dead spot but it turned out to be a dead spot/zone on the screen. I did everything I could think of before factory resetting it. Once I factory resetted, I checked out the to see if the problem had resolved itself but it did not fix it! It turned out to be a hardware and not a software issue. He needs a new device.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I did and he still had the dead spot with it. What he doesn't like is that because of this manufacturer defect, he will be getting a refurbished unit. He's not happy about that at all. I don't blame him.

Posted via Android Central App

Lillianna 64

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
The first thing I do when I get a new android phone is to install swiftkey. By far the best keyboard in my opinion. I have tried the LG G3 keyboard, but very quickly went back to my favourite!

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I too, am getting some inconsistent spots on my screen. Not sure if it's bad screen, or just the LG skin (what is it called, lol....I know TouchWiz, Motoblur, SenseUI....what does LG call theirs? ). These spots get worse, say, the longer I use the keyboard (such as on this response). My back space does not respond, the top right corner of display not longer reacts. I have tried using different keyboards, they both did it. Then, at normal times, everything is fine. It was made worse by the tempered glass, but still happens time to time without a screen protector.

mags71

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I am using the lg standard keyboard and it no longer pops up when I wish to type. I also cannot choose a different keyboard nor can I access the lg keyboard in settings! Help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463