G3: Do the screens break easy?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: screens break easy?

I have my phone in a otterbox defender case and it has survived several falls from the seat or console onto the hard vinyl floor mats of my work truck.

Um, of course it survived the falls. It's in an OtterBrick. That's the point of those cases.

SwaggerJacker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: screens break easy?

Don't forget the salespersons have got a LOT of phones to learn about. I don't know that I could say all that much off the top of my head about all the technical specs of my phones without making an a**e of myself by getting it wrong and I actually OWN the b*****ds, and only three at that.

Posted via Android Central App
Wouldn't it be prudent to be familiar with all the "flagship" devices? Also, why would anyone buy a phone from a carrier? Unless there is an amazing deal going on, BestBuy, Amazon, etc is where you save money. At BB, you don't have to pay an activation fee. I saved 80.00 buying my phone at BestBuy.

Steve

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: G3: screens break easy?

Smh the ignorance on this site about store reps is crazy. Not all reps are bubbling idiots who clock in and out. Some of us actually do our research. The G3 I haven't seen as much but you wouldn't believe how many G2 devices I've seen with even the slightest crack thus disabling their screen. I'm surprised more people aren't aware of this, being all the know-it-all's spread across the interwebz

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site

And for the record, I can't speak for Verizon but there are no added incentives for selling a certain brand at Sprint.

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Salepersons want to test ya'll to see if you are dumb enough to bow them. Do research first before buy it.

Posted via LG G3 Sprint

Mike Hawks1

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

The G3 I haven't seen as much but you wouldn't believe how many G2 devices I've seen with even the slightest crack thus disabling their screen. I'm surprised more people aren't aware of this, being all the know-it-all's spread across the interwebz

This is a great point. We don't see many broken G3 screens and I'm sure this is at least partially due to their smaller market share. But the fact that G2s and G3s often end up with non-functional digitizers after the lens cracks is discouraging.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
@Quis89: That's worrying about the G2. It's still very much a buyable usable device. Do you happen to know whether these were owners who used/did not use cases, or anything else possibly relevant that might explain?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Smh the ignorance on this site about store reps is crazy. Not all reps are bubbling idiots

The point is to be educated about what you want to buy before you but it.

More times than not when I go to Sprint I hear reps misinforming customers. Weather it's about phones or changing to different "better plans" or urging them to add a tablet when they've clearly said they have no use for one

Yes, there are reps that can be helpful but I like to know the answers before shopping.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Smh the ignorance on this site about store reps is crazy. Not all reps are bubbling idiots who clock in and out. Some of us actually do our research. The G3 I haven't seen as much but you wouldn't believe how many G2 devices I've seen with even the slightest crack thus disabling their screen. I'm surprised more people aren't aware of this, being all the know-it-all's spread across the interwebz

I appreciate your point, but I think the larger, more important, point is that when you walk into a sprint store, the rep isn't there to "sell you the best phone", they are there to sell you SPRINT. So if you want the best PHONE, you better research that yourself. I used to work for Sprint and I can confirm that there was zero incentive to sell one particular phone over the other. We got paid based on how many new services and accessories we could get you to buy. You are on your own to find the right phone for you.

Posted via Smoldering hot LG G3

RayTrue04

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I think there are some issues with certain G3's screens. My sister's G3 just received a crack on the top right just from a plastic top to one of her tupperware falling on it while doing dishes. There's no way a piece of plastic should have enough force to crack a screen. Sadly now she has to cough up $150 for a deductible for a minor crack that is interfering with touches on the top right of screen. I recommended she call LG but I doubt they will care...

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
That's not true. Well at least in my case. I have dropped my G3 around 5 times. 1 time front first on concrete, and the rest on it's corner and sides. Not a single crack, and I use an extremely thin case that isn't meant for protection. Though, when I dropped it on it's cornerone time, I had no case and the corner got a scratch, but barely. Also, I dropped it on it's screen just about 3 feet. Really durable for a phone with very thin bezels if you ask me.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Reviving an old post huh? I'll play along, as was said before, that's hogwash! I weigh 275lbs and carry my phone in my back pocket. If it was going to break, or screen come a part, or whatever, mine would have by now, believe me. No, the screen isn't any more susceptible to breaking than any other smart phone.

Stuart Adams1

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
No the screens solid as a rock I honestly dropped mine down two flights of stairs and got a minor scuff, I was also drunk and slammed my phone screen down (dunno why) and it has no marks other than minor scratches its also without a case or screen protector.

Posted via the Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I think there are some issues with certain G3's screens. My sister's G3 just received a crack on the top right just from a plastic top to one of her tupperware falling on it while doing dishes. There's no way a piece of plastic should have enough force to crack a screen. Sadly now she has to cough up $150 for a deductible for a minor crack that is interfering with touches on the top right of screen. I recommended she call LG but I doubt they will care...

You can replace the G3 screen and digitizer for less than $150! They cost just over $70 on Ebay, Very easy to do yourself- search on youtube. One of the nice things about G3. For this reason getting insurance for a G3 is not a good value, since the most likely thing to break is the screen.
For that reason I don't use screen protectors.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a case on mine at all and dropped it last week in Atlanta from chest height on concrete and didn't crack the screen at all. Landed right on the corner too, just scratched up the plastic/metal band part of the phone at the top left corner.

Skins are the best! #NakedMovement

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM

litchie

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a fairly simple case for my g3 I have probably dropped it 5-6 times fairly hard and had no problems!

Posted via the Android Central App

RayTrue04

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
You can replace the G3 screen and digitizer for less than $150! They cost just over $70 on Ebay, Very easy to do yourself- search on youtube. One of the nice things about G3. For this reason getting insurance for a G3 is not a good value, since the most likely thing to break is the screen.
For that reason I don't use screen protectors.

You're the only person to provide some positive feedback besides the oh impossible! I want to take a look into it but last time I tried with the G2 I cracked the screen trying to remove the glass. Was trying to go the cheap route and just replace the glass. Thankfully I found a full oem screen and digitizer for $70. I checked for the G3 but they were all $170 for both screen and digitizer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci