LG G3 Exchange app

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi just curious if there is any suggestions on a good email app to connect to an exchange server or is the stock one more then acceptable

Just got the g3 last night and so far loving it not to sure about the keyboard but there are alternatives

Thanks in advance

Posted via the Android Central App

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Exchange app

I've always just used the stock email app for Exchange. You just set up Exchange under the accounts and sync section of settings.

PhilR8

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I've been using Nine, which is really fantastic. Looks, feels, and acts like GMail but it's for Exchange accounts.

The only caveat is that it's $10. Womp womp. I don't regret the purchase, though.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I use stock but Maildroid used to be the best. Maybe still is. Doesn't MS have an app now?

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

Do any of these apps offer threaded conversations? Have it on Outlook proper and of course Gmail, so really missed it on the Nexus 4 stock Mail app. Or is that a server side issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Tried Many --- Loving "Mailwise"

I was a long-time user of Enhanced E-Mail, which has now been absorbed by Boxer (nice Exchange app also). I tried and really liked CloudMagic, but had to abandon due to their policy of storing ALL your Exchange Mail in the Cloud... on THEIR servers... not acceptable (they are supposed to update and change).

I've since settled on Mailwise and have been using it steadily on my last phone (GS2 w/CM11) and more recently on my G3. Mailwise provides the best features of all the previously mentioned Exchange Mail apps, as well as syncing Exchange Calendar and Contact info. It also supports multiple accounts (I'm running Gmail, Yahoo, and Exchange) with color-coded notifications (nice touch). As a final bonus, Mailwise also has a method for bypassing standard Exchange Security requirements. This allows you to choose alternative security methods, rather than being forced to use a PIN lock with a short time-out. I'm currently fully linked to my Exchange Server and my phone is secured with the G3's awesome Knock Code Lock and doesn't auto-lock for 30 minutes (unless I use the power button).

Oh... Did I mention Mailwise is completely FREE in the Play Store?!?! --- Give it a try and let me know what you think. Good Luck!

budkow#AC

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Tried Many --- Loving "Mailwise"

+1 for Nine. Every feature I could want (included threaded conversations), slick interface and lots of ongoing improvements. Easily worth $10.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I was a long-time user of Enhanced E-Mail, which has now been absorbed by Boxer (nice Exchange app also). I tried and really liked CloudMagic, but had to abandon due to their policy of storing ALL your Exchange Mail in the Cloud... on THEIR servers... not acceptable (they are supposed to update and change).

I've since settled on Mailwise and have been using it steadily on my last phone (GS2 w/CM11) and more recently on my G3. Mailwise provides the best features of all the previously mentioned Exchange Mail apps, as well as syncing Exchange Calendar and Contact info. It also supports multiple accounts (I'm running Gmail, Yahoo, and Exchange) with color-coded notifications (nice touch). As a final bonus, Mailwise also has a method for bypassing standard Exchange Security requirements. This allows you to choose alternative security methods, rather than being forced to use a PIN lock with a short time-out. I'm currently fully linked to my Exchange Server and my phone is secured with the G3's awesome Knock Code Lock and doesn't auto-lock for 30 minutes (unless I use the power button).

Oh... Did I mention Mailwise is completely FREE in the Play Store?!?! --- Give it a try and let me know what you think. Good Luck!

I'm going to give this a go... I hate having to use a pin lock

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Interesting... I am looking at both Nine and Mailwise and if anyone can answer please...

With Mailwise, the app description says you can completely bypass the exchange security (not just allow different methods like knock code)...
Does Nine allow exchange security bypass also? I understand the need for security but I would still like the option.

Also, our company just added our pictures to show up in exchange. Do any of these apps also show the pictures in the email threads? That would be a cool added touch to the boring default email app.

Thanks.

I'm going to give this a go... I hate having to use a pin lock

Will6371

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

I can't find mailwise in the store.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

So this thread got me to try MailWise, which I am really starting to like, cause the default email 📧 app has some shortcomings I couldn't live with. Only negative I've found so far, is that contacts can't be created and saved to MailWise accounts. I use my live.com email for contacts and while my contacts will show if I sync them, I can not select my live.com email when creating a new contact. I had to add my live.com email to the default email app and select to sync contacts only in order to be able to add new contacts.

Posted via Android Central App

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Does Nine let you set up non exchange email, like Yahoo and standard Gmail?

Posted via Android Central App

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

OK, so after using MailWise for a while, I really like it, save for three somewhat minor gripes. 1. If I want to browse a particular folder, I first have to swipe in from the left and select the mailbox that the folder is in. This causes the sidebar to collapse. Then I have to swipe back in from the left again and select the folder I want to browse. 2. I can't create folders (at least I haven't seen a way to). 3. I can't add new contacts for my phone through the central contacts and have them stored on accounts added through MailWise. I have to add my main account with all of my contacts to the stock email app and sync just the contacts in order to have it show up as an option for saving contacts.

It does, however, solve my biggest gripe with the stock email app, which was the inability to move email to a different folder within the account from the combined inbox view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol