lg g3 battery life sucks

Fyahthepromoter

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what's going on.. Every is claiming battery life is amazing by I get 2 hrs on a good day with this PHONE ... It's also always hot to the touch.. What should I do or every look at to try to solve this problem.. Help me out

Jaylw09

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
2 hours dude!?! Must be beat phone, take it back to get another I get atleast 15 hours from normal to heavy usage brightness usually around 45%. But that sounds like it may be defective.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what's going on.. Every is claiming battery life is amazing

Not everyone. Plenty of people on here aren't particularly impressed by the battery. It all depends on what you use it for. If you use the screen a lot, the battery gets eaten quickly - but even then, you should get 5-6hrs on screen time as standard. I use mine a lot, and the worst battery I get is 10 hours, and usually 13-14.

How long have you had the G3? Have you tried to back up and do a full factory reset? Can you post a pic. of your device monitor?

Last edited:

anon(9100026)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. I managed to get One day & 14 hours battery life with SOT of only 2 hours and 15 minutes.
The usage behavior is like this:
Playing Asphalt 8 for 50 minutes [cumulative]
Browsing web for 10/15 minutes each day
Watched youtube videos for 40 minutes straight
Tapping the settings/menu buttons
No calling/chatting

I must say the phone I have has fantastic standby battery. [Pros]
But I honestly dun like the way it decreases when using the phone for heavy usage. The battery counter decreases alarmingly fast. [Cons]

I admit the battery behavior improved from the first day usage. My phone is just 6 days old

Last edited:

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. I managed to get One day 14 hours battery life with SOT of only 2 hours and 15 minutes.
The usage behavior is like this:
Playing Asphalt 8 for 50 minutes [cumulative]
Browsing web for 10/15 minutes each day
Watched youtube videos for 40 minutes straight
Tapping the settings/menu buttons
No calling/chatting

I must say the phone I have has fantastic standby battery. [Pros]
But I honestly dun like the way it decreases when using the phone for heavy usage. The battery counter decreases alarmingly fast. [Cons]

I admit the battery behavior improved from the first day usage. My phone is just 6 days old

I've had a bit of a whinge about the battery on here previously, but I don't think 14hrs is that bad with that usage. It's not spectacular, I know, but 14hrs with You Tube, gaming and other 'normal' usage sounds fairly standard, especially consdiering the G3's battery munching screen.

As much as everyone's case is individual, the posts reporting 24hrs, 48hrs and occasionally days on one charge have to be people who make the odd quick call, send a few texts and then just don't use the G3 for hours and hours. Top-end smartphone batteries simply do not last that long if you're using them.

Will6371

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Try a hard reset and if you have an sd card in it remove it. If your using the charger that came with the phone then it should charge at 1% in less than a minute, it charges the phone very quickly.

geebee1932

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I installed Greenify which kills all the processes running in the background when not using the phone. It has almost doubled my battery life. Suggest trying it. It works best if you are rooted but there is an unrooted part as well. It's in the playstore.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
if your phone is hot to the touch all the time, it will mean your battery cells won't hold a long charge.

I would guess you have a defective handset. Or battery.

fyahh

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Here is the device monitor it seems normal right my has actually only been off charger for 1 hr

Attachments

• 1411665464494.jpg
    1411665464494.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 215

Punyawee Werasopon

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Something must be wrong!!! look at the list, which app or service use the highest amount of juice. if it is a third party app or un-trusted app, uninstall or disable it and observe for a few days after.

G3 is not the best long-lasting battery phone. (like a z1 compact or galaxy note) but it has a quite good battery life.

fyahh

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Something must be wrong!!! look at the list, which app or service use the highest amount of juice. if it is a third party app or un-trusted app, uninstall or disable it and observe for a few days after.

G3 is not the best long-lasting battery phone. (like a z1 compact or galaxy note) but it has a quite good battery life.

The highest is INSTAGRAM which is at like 65 percent everything else is like 20 or wayyyy less

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Something is definitely wrong if the phone is taking 13 hours to charge. My G3 takes less then an hour to fully charge most nights. Even from single digits to 100% it takes less then 90 mins.

Posted via G3 on the Android Central App

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I got my G3 last night and it took about 2 hours to charge up from 45% which it was at after I got home from Verizon. After it charged up I spent about 6 to 7 minutes or so looking for my old notification tone. In that time it dropped down from 100% to 90%. Spent maybe another 5 minutes or so fooling around trying to get my Google Go Launcher back to what I had on my old phone (which I never got right by the way) and it dropped another 5%. So in that maybe 15 minutes of total usage it dropped about 15%. Is that normal? Because I've never had a phone where I'm on it and I'm just watching that battery number keep falling. And I'm not a heavy phone user by no means. I don't watch videos or play games or listen to music or surf the web. I might have 100 minutes of calls a month on a heavy month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37