Can anyone help me with some Sim card & Signal issues?

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Sim card & Signal issue.,kindly help

From day one i loved this phone...switched from note 3 never regretted for a min... but there is something still bugging me...
so i will try to explain as much as i can..

1. For some reason my phone wont read micro sim card...but it will read nano sim with a xtra plastic sim tray attached to it....i also saw many ppl claiming the same problem.... didnt find any solution yet..

2. it is normal for every phone that if u are out of network...u wont get any bar...my phone also does the same...but the problem is....network bar should be back once u r in network coverage again...but my Lg g3 dont do that...i keeps searching for network....wont find any bar until i turn on Airplane mode den turn it off again...i m concerned..please someone help me

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Tell us first, is your phone locked to a network, and if so which one, or is it unlocked....and also what version is your phone? What sort of signal do you get in your area and what country are you in?

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sim card & Signal issue.,kindly help

Tell us first, is your phone locked to a network, and if so which one, or is it unlocked....and also what version is your phone? What sort of signal do you get in your area and what country are you in?

mine is LG G3 D855..which is i believe international version and its factory unlocked...i usually get full signal in my area,,,cal quality is also good,,,,and i already mentioned the problems i m facing

i live in Bangladesh...dont know if u would recognize it

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Oh, I recognise Bangladesh.

The G3, or at least earlier versions of it, is generally accepted as having a weaker radio than other devices. Even so, toggling Airplane Mode on and off to trigger it into recognising a signal ought not to be necessary. I've heard of users having to do this for one reason or another in other devices but it can only be regarded as a glitch rather than as normal procedure.
Are you able to try another SIM? That may be the cause of the trouble.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site

If it recognises the nano sim and not the micro sim then I would think the micro sim is faulty. Go to your provider and get the sim changed. Proceed from there.

Steve/Boanerges Performance

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Oh, I recognise Bangladesh.

The G3, or at least earlier versions of it, is generally accepted as having a weaker radio than other devices. Even so, toggling Airplane Mode on and off to trigger it into recognising a signal ought not to be necessary. I've heard of users having to do this for one reason or another in other devices but it can only be regarded as a glitch rather than as normal procedure.
Are you able to try another SIM? That may be the cause of the trouble.

i did try another sim,,,didnt work...as nano sim is working i didnt bother to get a new sim so far...may i will just to be sure

but what abt the airplane toggle issue?? phone keep searching for network...but once i toggle the mode...VOILA full network back

should i be worried?? and ya as my country has no official support of LG ,,,i wont be able to replace...i might have to repair it from local store...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

On a very small number of occasions, when switching on, two of my phones have seemed to connect to other networks, showing 3G and 4G signals in the status bar, but without any data either uploading or downloading. My own network uses Advanced 3G signals and the phone normally shows H or H+. I suspect that the phone somehow latches on to the signal of another network. Perhaps yours is doing the same thing if there are other strong signals in your area and can't connect to your own network signal until you toggle the Airplane Mode, which somehow triggers it to that signal.
Hopefully a replacement SIM will fix it.

Here is something similar experienced by some iPhone users:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1472455

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance