Anyone go caseless?

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have put the zagg tempered glass and now I'm back in love with my G3. I do have a tech 21 case. But, I'm wondering if anyone is going caseless and how is that working out for you?

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
As I have a thing about cases (I can't stand them) they all spoil the original design. Every device bar the nexus 5 and even then it spent more time out of a case than in have been ceaseless and been fine.....

Ashley_Renee79

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I am but just until mine comes in the mail. This phone is so thin and feels very slippery. I am constantly afraid. I will drop it.

blindpuppie

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I have gone ceaseless on several phones. The tempered glass screen protector is wonderful. The Zagg is pricey, but has rolled and polished edges which is a big plus. In some instances I have gone with clear thin as possible cases just to protect from scratches. Bottom line is if you plan on selling your phone someday or are accident prone (the girlfriend trashed a Rugby Pro, bless here) put it in a case.

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered a clear case for mine so I can still see the beauty. Have it in white

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm caseless right now. Originally had the LG Wireless Charging Folio Quick Circle Case on the phone until the wireless charging went out for a second time. Have a case coming in tomorrow that I got for really cheap. Just wanted something slim to eliminate the slippery feeling of the original back, nothing big and bulky. Really do miss the textured feel of the back of the LG Wireless Charging Folio Quick Circle Case.

This is the case I got, if anyone is interested or in case (no pun intended) anyone has experience with it and would like offer some feedback:
Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for LG G3 (All Carriers) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

Was looking for a case that added as little bulk as possible, while still looking nice and providing a better grip. Protection was honestly the last thing I was concerned about when choosing this case.

Thomas Clearo

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I always buy the Diztronic cases for my new phones. Got this for my G3. Great case. Thin. Little bulk. Sometimes go without a case, but when I don't, this is what I use.

pjcruiser

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I go caseless on my G3. I have placed a Slickwraps skin and a Zagg Tempered screen protector but as for a formal case Nope.To bulky

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I in part get cases and there use...however does it then matter so much on design to those who slap on cases?

It could be any rubbish design & build as your placing it in a case is my point.

No I appreciate the G3's design & thus wouldn't detract by using a case.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I love the G3 design, so I was hesitant to buy a case, but I also like the peace of mind from having a case. I looked for a bumper just to have something, but did not find any. My happy medium was the Spigen Ultra Hybrid because of the clear back. I also put the Zagg tempered glass. I'm very satisfied with the look and feel.

Lapse

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I never used cases on my previous Droid phones, but find the G3 to be much more slippery, so I regrettably bought a Spigen thin case which I like, and it offers much better grip and safety.

Posted via Android Central App

Mike Corrieri

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I had a bodyglove riser case on mine - but it killed the slim feel, which really helps at the edges if you're running one-handed. However, looking on amazon online at all the cases, I found this two piece case, called a Hyperion Titan, which looked very slim, but very protective - with tapered sides preserving the feel of the phone. I figured the screenshots on amazon of this <$10 case were just the computer models, but having received it, I am really impressed. The phone feels very much like it does caseless. What's also cool is the lip on the case does not slide on vinyl car upholstery, so I can put it on the console and it just stays put like glue. I am guessing that's by design.

With all the money I have in this phone, I just couldn't possibly go caseless but I think this is a good balance of caseless feel vs protection. I am unaffiliated, just a happy end user.

71BQeIye6SL._SL1500_.jpg

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would, if the insurance copayment wasn't so high. I found a thin little case at the mall that that adds very little bulk and still lets me enjoy the style of the phone.

T-Mobile G3

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
All I have on mine is a tempered glass screen protector. I took the case off of mine a month ago and it feels so amazing. It feels even better in my hands and as small as my hands are, makes one handed typing feel alot easier. I tend to put it in my pocket at times and still no scratches or marks whatsoever. Phone still looks like it did the day I got it. As long as you dont drop the phone and are careful I recommend going caseless.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm caseless right now. Originally had the LG Wireless Charging Folio Quick Circle Case on the phone until the wireless charging went out for a second time. Have a case coming in tomorrow that I got for really cheap. Just wanted something slim to eliminate the slippery feeling of the original back, nothing big and bulky. Really do miss the textured feel of the back of the LG Wireless Charging Folio Quick Circle Case.

This is the case I got, if anyone is interested or in case (no pun intended) anyone has experience with it and would like offer some feedback:
Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for LG G3 (All Carriers) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

Was looking for a case that added as little bulk as possible, while still looking nice and providing a better grip. Protection was honestly the last thing I was concerned about when choosing this case.

I have that case very thin and light adds almost no bulk. I recommend

FrogVomit

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I've been using smartphones since before they were called smartphones, and have never used a case (or a screen protector), "because I believe in myself" (I stole that from another user's tagline that I saw a while back). If you don't feel comfortable carrying a $600 piece of glass without a case, then you need a case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs