Verizon LG G3

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello group
I am a few days away from being able to return my iPhone and get a full refund. I initially had a Moto X (sold it already) for about a year (other android phones prior to that) and then decided to join the rest of my family and get the iPhone. It is really hard to get over the restrictions of iOS even with version 8. (Plus a removable battery (bigger at that) and expandable storage is appealing).

I am really considering a G3 and hoping some of you can answer a few questions:

1. I played with one in the store and it just seemed to lag. I am hoping this was related to the god awful demo software verizon has on there, but hard to truly assess how well the phone runs overall. Also, it was allowing me to uninstall some of the atrocious bloat on there, but is that actually for real or just through the demo? If I were to get the phone, could I remove all of that superfluous software?

2. In the drop down notification shade, I saw this huge banner for connecting a remote for a TV. Please tell me there is a way to remove this if one does not have a LG TV.

3. Tried playing with the camera as best as possible, but again hard when tethered to the wall. One thing I did notice was if I touched the screen, it would not activate the shutter, I had to touch the camera button. Is this the only way?
3a. Is there a "quick" way to activate the camera when the phone is asleep (ie with Moto X shake it)?

Thank you again for any responses.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
1. I havent had any lag issues with mine. Although I'm rooted and removed all of Verizon's free garbage. I'm happy with the speed and it will only get better with development
2. You can minimize the banner for the remote. Also you don't need an LG TV. It's a universal remote. Very useful in my opinion. I missed the feature when I owned my M8.
3. Yes. There is a shortcut that can be enabled for the camera. It's all in the setup menus. Press and hold the volume button and it will open up. I can't remember if it's up or down though. I have mine set up to activate the light. For quick flashlight use.

53N7 9R0M M4 G3

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
1. All bloat is disableable/removable, even without rooting.
2. This can be removed from there.
3. Yes, you can enable it to just touch the screen to snap a pic. Very handy.
3a. There are several fun shortcuts you can set up for camera and other access from a sleep state.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
All of those problems are easily fixed. The G3 is currently the best phone on the market.

Posted via Android Central App

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for the answers. I have skimmed through the user manual, but sometimes it is really hard to get an actual real world feel for something when it is tethered to the wall.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
If you have the camera open, and touch the ... the settings options leave the screen, and you can touch anywhere on the screen to snap a photo. This frustrated me at first until I figured it out.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Make it fly by rooting, debloating, use unbounce donation, greenify donate, and you'll get 5hrs screen time and half percent per hour idle drain.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I have tried and tried. Even with brightness all the way down. It's such a beaut display. But it chugs the battery.

Idle drain is great though.

With moderate brightness and sporadic usage on WiFi, you can get 6 hours without too much trouble. They key is to not do all 6 hours at once.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith