Caller ID for incoming calls

DavisV

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! So I made a call to someone's cellphone number on Craigslist for a gig. Went to voicemail and as I was leaving a message, I got a call back from them. My caller ID not only displayed their phone number, but also their full name. How is that possible when I don't have any 3rd party apps on my phone. This person was not in my contacts either. What really concerns me is whether my name shows up on caller IDs when I make calls to strangers. If so, how can I disable this feature? Thanks in advance! Oh and if it helps, I'm currently with T-Mobile.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile installs an app called t-mobile Name ID that automatically fills it in. You only get it free for the first month or so, so soon you should get a notification asking you if you want to subscribe to pay for it monthly, like $3 or something.

Attachments

• 19381.jpg
    19381.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 90

DavisV

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. So from what I understand, if someone with T-Mobile is paying for this app, will they be able to see my name? If so, can I do anything to block that?

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
That I'm not sure of. I think Sprint might have had a similar service when I was them. I'm not sure what phone book database they're getting their info from. Maybe call t-mobile and check?

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I see the name and number on my Note 2 (Verizon) when receiving a call. Seemed to have started a few weeks ago. I'm not sure. I only receive a few calls a month.

archangel849

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The question of whether your name shows up when you call someone, can be yes and no. Most carriers send your caller information (name and number) to landlines and cell phones equipped with caller ID. Verizon and Sprint I know for sure, allows you to change what a caller sees when you make a call.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1