Anyone have some experience with the Mugen double life battery?

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
You get 5 hours moderate to heavy use on the G3? You either have apps that are draining your battery, or your screen is on permanently.

tripled1

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested in the Mugen because day one I used my phone from 9am and it ran from 100% to 0% by 2pm. I should have said heavy use and don't think it's an ap/screen thing. Day two of moderate use it ran out by 8pm. The Mugen double life seems like a good idea since it doesn't block features like the zerolemon. Guess I really value the extra battery life since I'm still in the trade-in period and the compeditor phone has an extra hour of life. So, it's decision time.

tripled1

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
If not experience with this Mugen, how about Mugen batteries on previous phones. Are they a reputable company? I was not able to contact anyone calling the number on their website. It was a google voice number that sent me to a mailbox.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Mugen are one of the most reputable names in mobile device aftermarket batteries. Just make sure you buy from a reputable seller.

Posted via the Android Central App

tripled1

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Stevovr.
So, the picture on their website has four electrical pickups on the case as opposed to two on the oem case. Its says nfc ready. The word "ready" give me pause. Will I have to buy another piece to use NFC?

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used Mugen for this phone but have for others and it is about the only brand that I will buy. On my Nexus 5 I tried products by Mugen, Limefuel and i-blason and had failures with multiple products from Limefuel and i-blason. The Mugen product worked like a champ.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Stevovr.
So, the picture on their website has four electrical pickups on the case as opposed to two on the oem case. Its says nfc ready. The word "ready" give me pause. Will I have to buy another piece to use NFC?

You shouldn't have to. However, be cautious, as depending on your model of the G3, the contacts might not be in the right place to line up with the contacts on the case for NFC/Wireless charging.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
So, if we take heavy use as on all the time, then the battery life seems on par with what is to be expected from 3,000mah.