keyboard update

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Anyone got this update in UK? Got it through the update centre. What's new?

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone got this update in UK? Got it through the update centre. What's new?

They blasted it worldwide actually. I wish they included a change log but it looks to have been a bug fix release. I don't see anything different functionally.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I just looked in the Update Centre and had to agree to a couple of terms and conditions legal documents, then I was allowed to download it, about 46mb.

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe people use that ugly LG keyboard still. *shudders*

Oscar Wilde, I think it was, pointed out that all the ugly things in the world are manmade. There's nothing ugly in the natural world. (Of course we're a part of the natural world, but I mean the world minus humans.)

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to download this for the USA versions?

I have a Verizon G3 and would like to try out the new keyboard cause the one the phone comes with is really horrible.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I love the stock keyboard. I did download a nice Android l theme. It's very nice 😊

Attachments

• 1412822830778.jpg
    1412822830778.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 62

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I can hand write for a little while, but the keyboard will eventually lag like crazy, so I don't use it so much anymore.

T-Mobile G3

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe people use that ugly LG keyboard still. *shudders*

I came from the Blackberry 10 keyboard, which was amazing. One of the things that was putting me off moving to android was losing that, but I've found the G3 keyboard to be fine, and every bit as accurate/fast. The only thing I miss is the ability to swipe backwards to delete a word.

I've tried Swype & Fleksy, but ended up back on the stock keyboard.

What do you find you don't like, or you've just found another one you find better?

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
@stwutter: I still use the stock keyboard, but I experience major lag pretty regularly. It happens to the point of freezing the phone. I came to the G3 from OS10 as well, and this keyboard is nowhere near as good. Maybe BB should start selling their keyboard, like they're selling BBM?

T-Mobile G3

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
@stwutter: I still use the stock keyboard, but I experience major lag pretty regularly. It happens to the point of freezing the phone. I came to the G3 from OS10 as well, and this keyboard is nowhere near as good. Maybe BB should start selling their keyboard, like they're selling BBM?

T-Mobile G3

Well, each to their own, but I get no lag whatsoever...

Yeah. BB could do a lot worse than market the keyboard.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
OP: To answer your question, I believe that one of the things that are new, I've just noticed, is that when I make a mistake in typing, and correct it, the app no longer inserts a space between the corrected word and the following one. That's a useful improvement, because I had to keep deleting those spaces after each correction.

Last edited:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I came from the Blackberry 10 keyboard, which was amazing. One of the things that was putting me off moving to android was losing that, but I've found the G3 keyboard to be fine, and every bit as accurate/fast. The only thing I miss is the ability to swipe backwards to delete a word.

I've tried Swype & Fleksy, but ended up back on the stock keyboard.

What do you find you don't like, or you've just found another one you find better?

I just find it terribly ugly. And the keys look small to me for some reason. Probably because I got used to the Android L keyboard, which no key boarders. So much cleaner.