Has anyone used LG repair service to replace the screen on their G3?

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Dropped my G3 this morning, and it landed screen-down on a rock on the trail I was on. :( Screen is shattered, touchscreen doesn't work, but I'm still able to access the device and see the screen, using the OTG USB cable I bought, with my mouse.

I'm trying to figure out what's my best option for replacing the screen. There's a local place here that will do it for $200, and offers a 30 day warranty for their work. :-\

I chatted with LG support chat and they offer a 90 day warranty, but I would have to send the phone to them to evaluate first. Would take 5-7 business days to evaluate before they could provide a quote.

Anyone have experience with LG actually doing screen replacement on their G3? If so, were you happy with the experience?

Thanks!

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Dropped my G3 this morning, and it landed screen-down on a rock on the trail I was on. :( Screen is shattered, touchscreen doesn't work, but I'm still able to access the device and see the screen, using the OTG USB cable I bought, with my mouse.

I'm trying to figure out what's my best option for replacing the screen. There's a local place here that will do it for $200, and offers a 30 day warranty for their work. :-\

I chatted with LG support chat and they offer a 90 day warranty, but I would have to send the phone to them to evaluate first. Would take 5-7 business days to evaluate before they could provide a quote.

Anyone have experience with LG actually doing screen replacement on their G3? If so, were you happy with the experience?

Thanks!
$200 seems expensive since the digitizer can be had for about $35.
Is the LCD damaged under the glass?

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I shattered mine about 2 weeks after I bought it on Ebay...... No Warranty, or at best send it in.

I went online, picked up a screen and digitizer 140.00, Took all of 35 minutes to replace it.

Go look on you tube, there is a video that will show you how to do it. IT IS VERY EASY, unless you don't know which end of the screw driver to hold, you should never have to pay to replace the screen.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Not a G3 but my G2 screen broke and I paid LG 161.00 to send me a brand new one advantages to using the manufacturer most cases they will not repair it they will send you a new or refurbished one, also and this big if something goes bad other then the screen in the warranty period as this starts all over when you get the unit from LG they will replace it free of charge by saving the 50 dollars doing it yourself you voided all warranty the G3 still has, if something catastrophic goes vwrong you are out no warranty.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
You got good advice. Fix it yourself. The G3 screen is so easy to replace that it makes Squaretrade warranty a bad investment.

Also, the going price for a LCD Screen Display + Digitizer is only $100 on Ebay. Another reason why I love my G3! When my gf broke her S3 (tight jeans + rear pocket..) it cost $350. Lucky she had Squaretrade warranty for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888