Finally Switched and Got a LG G3, but Call Quality?

tko_49

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
After using iPhones for the past 5-years I made the switch to Android. It has been a week of using the LG G3, and I must say I really do like this phone. However, I having a problem with call quality on Verizon. While talking the voice of the person on the other end will all of a sudden sound like they are in a tunnel, or drop to a whisper (unable to hear what is being said), then go back to normal, then go back to bad. It also will happen to my voice and person on the other end cannot hear me. Looking at the Verizon support page, this seems to be a problem and replacement does not always help. I was wondering if this problem is occurring with the other carriers or just Verizon? I don't have a problem switching because Verizon in my neighborhood has gone from good to terrible with data speeds. If this is a common problem then I will have to find a different phone.

Thanks,

truly_nice

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Make sure the people talking to u arent on speaker phone......and it could be the area ur in....ur tower may be crowded and causing a weak signal

Posted via the Android Central App

tko_49

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Make sure the people talking to u arent on speaker phone......and it could be the area ur in....ur tower may be crowded and causing a weak signal

Posted via the Android Central App

No they are not on speaker phone, the problem happens with both mobile calls and landline calls. It happens no matter where I am located: home, work, on the road.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem at first. A few threads on it from when it was first released too. Make sure you turn off the noise suppression and voice enhancement stuff in the settings and see if that helps. I called my Mom a few times after to make sure and that did the trick. If not maybe just exchange it. I haven't had any problems with call quality since that.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
And to think of it my problem wasn't with how other people sounded it was with how I sounded to them so if other people are sounding weird I'd maybe just exchange it. Why deal with issues in the beginning if you don't have to.

tko_49

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem at first. A few threads on it from when it was first released too. Make sure you turn off the noise suppression and voice enhancement stuff in the settings and see if that helps. I called my Mom a few times after to make sure and that did the trick. If not maybe just exchange it. I haven't had any problems with call quality since that.

Thanks for your reply. The Voice Enhancement was turned off by default. I was unable to find the Noise Suppression control.

tko_49

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
And to think of it my problem wasn't with how other people sounded it was with how I sounded to them so if other people are sounding weird I'd maybe just exchange it. Why deal with issues in the beginning if you don't have to.

I really like this phone, but, from what I've been reading, exchanging for another G3 does always solve the problem. Which is why I was asking if it is a problem on other carriers. I don't mind switching since I am still within my 14 day period.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. The Voice Enhancement was turned off by default. I was unable to find the Noise Suppression control.

On mine the noise suppressing setting is right by the other. Under settings then network then call then scroll down a bit. Might be different for yours though. Mine is the ATT version. If Verizon is sucking for you I'd agree and leave them. They aren't great every where and if they have already gone to crap in your area maybe it's a good time to check someone else out!

Attachments

• 1413038468702.jpg
    1413038468702.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 39

tko_49

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Did some research and I believe I found why the caller's voice goes to a whisper and the solution is simple. Turn off "Voice Privacy".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair