should i still get a g3? or should i go for the Moto X instead?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The Motto will have two distinct advantages in my mind. At 5.2" it's going to be a bit easier to hold; the G3 is just in the edge of being too large for my medium sized hands.

The other advantage, which has kept my G3 in second place even against my 2013 Moto, are all the Motorola exclusive features like Touchless Controls, Moto Assist, etc

That's the reason I'm choosing an X over any phone. I have that on my OG X and I don't think I could live without. I mean, I can send and receive texts while the phone is in my pocket while I am cooking, cleaning gutters (just did that last night), going to the bathroom, etc. And that's just one of the reasons. However, I would point out that the G3's camera is far superior. The G3's screen is also nice.

It's a tough choice, but just go with your gut and what features you'll need/want the most.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would probably have to spend some more time with the X, but playing with it for a little while at the store made the camera seem pretty disappointing.

T-Mobile G3

nupicasso

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Well thanks, but how about the over heating issues? should i worry about that?
You should worry about that. The phone runs hotter than any other because of the 801 chip, which isn't meant for QHD screens. Mine ran significantly hotter than any other phone I had. Over time that will affect the phone and its life. If you're a gamer, I'd choose the Moto X, Note 4, or Nexus 6.

I just moved on to the Note 4. Couldn't be happier.

roki977

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I own G3 for 3 months and it is good phone. Battery will last two days With 4-5h Sot on WIfi but it can be a hog on 4g and when is bad reception or 70% + brightness. Performanse is very fast on Art. It flyes with nova lancer. Big screen is its best asset and camera is fast and always produces usable pics even in low light.

allby5430

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I have had my G3 for about a month I have had it get a little warm once. As far the batt. My last phone had a non removable battery and it was a pain in the .,.... Go with the G3 you won't be sorry

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Going to get a new phone on monday, the Iphone 6 is not a viable optiion as it is too expensive on my country, same goes for the Note 4.

Is the G3 worth getting? ive seen a lot of complaints about over heating and batery drain.

on the other hand the Moto X seems to have a poor batery and terrible camera for it's price.

what do you guys that accuatly own the phone recomend?
Get the Nexus it's an amazing phone

realeze

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hate to jack this thread, but why does the LG G2 get so little love? The combination of performance, screen size and quality, small form factor, great camera and battery life make it tough for even current flagships to match...

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hate to jack this thread, but why does the LG G2 get so little love? The combination of performance, screen size and quality, small form factor, great camera and battery life make it tough for even current flagships to match...

I have the G2 and debating going to the G3 simply for the laser focus. I miss a lot of shots of my 2 year old because the G2 doesn't focus fast enough. I assume from what I have read the G3 is much faster. Is this correct?

Also, does the G3 use the flash to help the focus when you tap to focus. I miss that from my old S3.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Get the Nexus it's an amazing phone

He is complaining about the price of the Note 4 and iPhone 6. The new Nexus is out of his price range.

I have the G2 and debating going to the G3 simply for the laser focus. I miss a lot of shots of my 2 year old because the G2 doesn't focus fast enough. I assume from what I have read the G3 is much faster. Is this correct?

Also, does the G3 use the flash to help the focus when you tap to focus. I miss that from my old S3.

The G3 does have some nice upgrades over the G2. However, the G2 is still a nice phone, but you might as well get the better G3...

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
He is complaining about the price of the Note 4 and iPhone 6. The new Nexus is out of his price range.

The G3 does have some nice upgrades over the G2. However, the G2 is still a nice phone, but you might as well get the better G3...

I currently have the G2 and the only thing I do not like about it is the slow to focus camera. Is that corrected in the G3 with laser? Does it use the flash to help focus like Samsung?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hogwash. My G3 has gotten hot once, and only once. Something was wrong with your phone or your setup. Overheating is not a common problem.

Just depends what you do on your phone. You may do things that won't heat it up whereas someone else could.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well this is my experience and not by any means disputing the overheating claims.

I am a heavy user and stream a lot and constantly web browsing (reading articles) use the video for my kiddo & take quite a few pictures. I don't game but another point is that I have been updating ROMs a lot recently.

And although during the latter it gets warm (expected) it never gets HOT.

Find this great as I have the lower end 2/16gb and have honestly never came close to any ridiculous temperatures.

Posted via the Android Central App

HeroicLove

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Going to get a new phone on monday, the Iphone 6 is not a viable optiion as it is too expensive on my country, same goes for the Note 4.

Is the G3 worth getting? ive seen a lot of complaints about over heating and batery drain.

on the other hand the Moto X seems to have a poor batery and terrible camera for it's price.

what do you guys that accuatly own the phone recomend?
Get the HTC ONE M8. It's the premier flagship phone and is made of superior quality. It doesn't bend as well.

Fait Accompli

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I always see these kinds of threads and the first thing I mention is, they are different and a like in multiple ways.

I'll start off by saying that I haven't actually owned a S3, but I did own a Moto X and I loved that thing. Honestly the best phone I've ever had. But sadly it came to an end when it fell on the concrete an the screen shattered. I am thinking about paying 100 dollars at a local store to get it fixed. But I have a working iphone 4 right here in my hand. It's just a little something I'm going through :b

Anyway. A big question. Do you want a vanilla android experience or a samsung android experience? I have honestly found a pure android experience is far better than any other that you're going to get. That's my opinion though. It's just sleek and professional looking. To answer your question straightforward, I would say get the Moto X. I found the battery to be just fine (I could see where if you're a heavy user, it could die) but I was mostly moderate during the day. At home more because I just had time. But I have a charger at home as well. Battery was never a issue for me. Honestly, the camera wasn't all too horrible for me either. I've heard that the camera on the Galaxy's are pretty good though. But with a little editing from Snapseed, I never had a problem. The features on the X are great too. God do I miss Active Notifications. :( Anyone wanna give away a their old Moto X cause they're getting a new one this year? ;b

Anyway, it all comes down to you. But I'd opt for the X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the G2 and the only thing I do not like about it is the slow to focus camera. Is that corrected in the G3 with laser? Does it use the flash to help focus like Samsung?

The focus speed is incredible. Do yourself a favor and try one out in the store.

scosut

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
No experience with the Motorola but love the G3 and don't hesitate in adding a +1 for it.

Only thing I've done since getting it, install Google Now Launcher as it was cleaner than the LG effort (which was still much better than the previous ones I endured on my Sony Xperia Z)

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
The focus speed is incredible. Do yourself a favor and try one out in the store.

I will. I just added Xcam LG (I think that is by xdabbeb from Reddit) from the app store to my LG G2. I am going to test that out for a while to see if it speeds up things. The focus speed and shuttering is really the only thing I am unhappy with on the G2. If this camera app can hold me over, I may try to hold off until May to see what the LG G4 brings to the table.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I will. I just added Xcam LG (I think that is by xdabbeb from Reddit) from the app store to my LG G2. I am going to test that out for a while to see if it speeds up things. The focus speed and shuttering is really the only thing I am unhappy with on the G2. If this camera app can hold me over, I may try to hold off until May to see what the LG G4 brings to the table.

I absolutely agree with you! If you can deal with it, don't bother upgrading. The G2 is still a strong phone. I consider the G2 and the G3 to be "two year" phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante