should i still get a g3? or should i go for the Moto X instead?

Mizarus

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Going to get a new phone on monday, the Iphone 6 is not a viable optiion as it is too expensive on my country, same goes for the Note 4.

Is the G3 worth getting? ive seen a lot of complaints about over heating and batery drain.

on the other hand the Moto X seems to have a poor batery and terrible camera for it's price.

what do you guys that accuatly own the phone recomend?

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I love the G3. Its display is stunning. Battery life is acceptable to me, I had four hours of screen time yesterday over an 18 hour day. Never had overheat problem, but I don't play intense games... However this phone display can get quite warm in the hand.

The G3 LG "skin" isn't completely obnoxious, but not as ”clean" as Moto.

The camera is BRILLIANT. It can focus so fast, and pictures are incredibly gorgeous.

I've had my G3 about two months, but have still between using a Moto as my primary phone, however the G3 is getting close to beginning main. I've ordered a 2014 Moto, but it won't be here for another week.

The Motto will have two distinct advantages in my mind. At 5.2" it's going to be a bit easier to hold; the G3 is just in the edge of being too large for my medium sized hands.

The other advantage, which has kept my G3 in second place even against my 2013 Moto, are all the Motorola exclusive features like Touchless Controls, Moto Assist, etc.

My guess is you'll be delighted with either phone.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If external card slot and poor battery life that isn't upgradable is acceptable to you, get the less expensive Motorola. If not, the G3 is the clear winner.

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Depends what you value. If you want a great camera and battery life then I'd go for the G3.

If you must have stock Android then go with the Moto X.

Personally. I'd get the LG G3 because we just got a boot loader unlock. Great things are coming. And if you like Stock Android, that will be an option soon.

Posted via AT&T LG G3.

Mizarus

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Depends what you value. If you want a great camera and battery life then I'd go for the G3.

If you must have stock Android then go with the Moto X.

Personally. I'd get the LG G3 because we just got a boot loader unlock. Great things are coming. And if you like Stock Android, that will be an option soon.

Posted via AT&T LG G3.

Well thanks, but how about the over heating issues? should i worry about that?

MORANDCHI

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I got my G-3 (VZW) on sept 26th even though It is only a few weeks of use I haven't had any overheating issues at the moment.

with the Moto X vs the G-3 it all depends on what and how you want to use your phone . I was originally thinking of going with the moto- X thenn I looked into the G-3. Liked the G-3, the fact that the battery can be removed, also the bigger battery. even though its a 5.5 inch screen it doesn't feel that huge of a phone.

Good luck in your choice
Chris

Lapse

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I have two batteries and use both of them every day, so I never have to worry about battery life on the G3. That wouldn't be possible on the Moto, I'd constantly be concerned about keeping my phone charged.

Posted via Android Central App

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I have never had an issue with over heating.
I have been using the G3 for about 2 months, and battery life is acceptable... 16/18 hours.
The only thing i don't like is the Lg Android Version...

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've had no issues with overheating, and what little lag I had was easy to fix, even without rooting. I considered the X, but eliminated it for two reasons:

poor battery life combined with a non-replaceable battery, and no removable storage. The only place I think the X surpasses the G3 is the brightness and viewing angle of the OLED screen.

Even thought the G3 has a bigger screen, it's only 2mm wider than the X, so it's really not any harder to hold. I find it much more comfortable than the smaller Galaxy S5.

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
You would be happy with either one of these devices but the g3 is just hands down a awesome device. I have had mine since the day sprint released it and I have never had a overheating problem, it has got warm but nothing close to overheating. Battery life is awesome with very heavy use I get 10-12 hours of use, with slightly lower use I get 18+ hours, cannot ask for much more than that. The camera on this phone is just hands down a killer, low light outdoors it doesn't matter the pictures always look beautiful. I guess you will have to choose for yourself but from experience the LG g3 is the best and you will not be disappointed.

Posted via Android Central App

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Overheating has not been a problem once over the 3-4 weeks I've had the phone. I don't push it's graphics capabilities with gaming or keep brightness turned up or anything, though.

Camera is excellent, and battery life very good. Here I am on hour 14 and still at 50% charge, albeit with relatively light usage most of the day and WiFi connection for all but an hour or so.

Mike Corrieri

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Going to get a new phone on monday, the Iphone 6 is not a viable optiion as it is too expensive on my country, same goes for the Note 4.

Is the G3 worth getting? ive seen a lot of complaints about over heating and batery drain.

on the other hand the Moto X seems to have a poor batery and terrible camera for it's price.

LG G3.

Only other phone I'd consider is the Note 4. That one is a tougher call, although it is really really big.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I also have never had a overheating issue. Coming from a razr maxx which got very warm when using the gps for mapping I have not had that problem with the g3.

abrcrmdl23

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Just sold my G3 for a Moto x. Best decision I ever made. My G3 was a huge pos. It is amazing these phones run on the same chip set. The software build on the Moto X is leaps and bounds better than the G3's. Pick the X. You will not regret it.

Limburgert

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Did you take a look at the OnePlus One? Best phone for the best price. Hard to get your hands on with the invite system, but some sites like have them for you to order. ALL GREAT! go take a look, you'll enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyTheExile

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My wife has had a G3 for a couple of weeks now and absolutely loves it and whilst I still love my Z2 I can't help but be a little envious of her as the phone is stunning.
The display is awesome and as for battery life, she only charges it every other day, so it's fine.
If you get the official "circle" case for it out looks even better.

AndroidNL

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

I love the LG G3. Have it for 2 months now. On stock ROMS and stock launcher it has a little big of lag. If you use for example Nova Launcher, this phone is very smooth! I'm using Android HD 1.4 and the battery life is now good:) Also havent experience overheating anymore.

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had no issues with overheating, and what little lag I had was easy to fix, even without rooting. I considered the X, but eliminated it for two reasons:

poor battery life combined with a non-replaceable battery, and no removable storage. The only place I think the X surpasses the G3 is the brightness and viewing angle of the OLED screen.

Even thought the G3 has a bigger screen, it's only 2mm wider than the X, so it's really not any harder to hold. I find it much more comfortable than the smaller Galaxy S5.

I received my Moto X a couple of days ago. It's definitely going to be my daily driver over the G3.

I had thought the G3 had a very bright screen, it was much brighter than my Droid Maxx, but this new Moto X blows away the G3 in brightness. I had to check the G3's settings to make sure it wasn't on dim when I had them on side by side.

Re: physical size. The G3 may not be much wider than the X, but it's just enough wider in my medium sized hands to feel just a little too big. Not unmanageable, but just ever so slightly too big.

The X feels perfect in my hand. It's the perfect compromise between large display and smaller form for my hands. Your mileage may vary, of course.

For the OP, I stand by my original post in this thread where I'd said you'd be delighted with either one.