G3 Android L design questions (without answers)

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hy guys!

So since it's official now I'm browsing the official site of Lollipop 5.0.

Check out here: https://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/

The interface looks gorgeous and everything is fluid! It's fantastic.

I understand that LG had enough and figured out their design because the original Kitkat UI wasn't so good but since the new one is gorgeous do you think there is any chance that they will use it?

Like the dialer, the messages app or anything stock. They have NO reason to not use them anymore - their own stuff is kinda useless.

Also a lot of stuff and features are built in with 5.0 now - do you think will they stick with their solution?

I read somewhere that with the new update the goal is to somewhat unify the experience but I'm afraid that LG won't use the fantastic new look of Android well enough.

Can somebody comfort me or my worries are completely valid?

Cheers!

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If it is released for the G3 officially.. I'm in. But would definitely opt for a CM or preferably AOKP ROM that I can flash.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
My guess is that most manufacturers will still add their own features and look and feel. And most carriers will still add their own bloat. It's a way to differentiate their products and claim superiority over other brands. If they all ran stock Android, how would they convince you to buy their brand over another?

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah but they have to use the material design right?

And for example if they have to use it they have to make a new calculator app made specifically because of the material design. But they already have it! And the current calculator for example is really ugly - why would they keep them and not use the material one?

I'm thinking about small things like this.

Same goes for the text app - it has to be material but if they want their own app it will look almost the same as the 5.0 stock app.

And also, LG is using the colored notification bars in their own stock apps (text, dialer) but its built in with the update so they don't have to use their own anymore I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol