LG G3 Could my wifi issues be related to my router?

Overseasoned

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I think the problem is related to my router, because I had the same issue with my previous phone. I still cannot find an answer, so hopefully someone can help me :)

I'm connected to a wifi router along with 3-4 other machines (1 mac and 3 pc's). The computers connect and stay connected to the wifi just fine with no interruptions.

The phone connects to the wifi with no problem, but after some time (doesn't seem consistent), it will lose internet connectivity. It does not actually disconnect from the network, and it does not give me the "no response from the internet" warning. The download arrow simply stops lighting up and I get no download connectivity.

Any advice would be appreciated - I can give more detail if necessary.

Bsheedy

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wifi (router?) Issue - LG G3

I am having the same problem. I don't have a problem at home, it works great. At work it shows I'm connected to wifi but I keep getting a message that I don't have internet. The wifi also goes thru a cycle of connecting and disconnecting from the wifi too. Very frustrating. I'm going to talk to our IT guy at work and hopefully he'll have a solution.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I have the opposite problem. My laptop periodically drops internet connectivity (but not the WiFi connection itself).

If you haven't already, reboot the router and see if that helps.

loganweaponx007

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

Try switching to a different band. I use 5.0 with my phone and tablets. Everything else is on 2.4. It helped me when I was having the same problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Logan. I am not sure if my connectivity problem is related to the issue that Overseasoned has posted. But how do I change bands?

My swarm app is telling me that network is unavailable, when the others apps are completely fine.

via Tapatalk on LG G3

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What kind of router is it & how long have you had it? Have you updated the firmware? Are other people having similar problems with the same make & model?

nodzarf

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If you have T-Mobile you can order their Cellspot router for free. I had similar problems with wifi and got me one of their routers, no more connection problems. Much better than what I had. It's dual band and best of all, free. You just have to return it if you leave T-Mobile.

Matt W1

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
My G3 has downloading issues when connected to my netgear router I'm using as an access point. When I attempt to download any large app or file (>10mb) it stops partway and will just sit there for a few minutes before finishing. It will stall anywhere fro 40% to 97%. If it is a smaller file (<5mb) it is fast as expected. The funny thing is I don't have these issues using cell data or if I'm connected to the my Uverse router wifi, which is the same network. Also, speed tests when connected to the AP are good (24/5) and I have no other internet issues. I've tested 3 other phones and 2 tablets on this AP and they have no download delays. I've done two phone factory resets with no luck. My AP (netgear WNDR3400v2) firmware is up to date. I also tried a factory reset on the AP and even tried different AP configurations.

My only guess is a software conflict between the G3 and the Netgear being used as an AP? It's not a huge issue since I can connect to my Uverse gateway for downloading larger files, but being unable to figure things out like this bother me. Any help would be appreciated.