4g lte stays in notification while I'm on wifi

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is it always on there? Do you have WiFi connectivity or is it a local, non-Internet connected network? If the latter, then that's why it might use 4G for data.

If it's not always there, it might be that you're getting SMS/MMS. Those do not travel through WiFi and will use your mobile service to come through.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine disappears when I am connected to WiFi. However, the signal bars are still present. I did enable a setting in G3 Tweaksbox, though, to hide it when connected to WiFi, so maybe it constantly displaying is the norm.

Edit: Now I'm starting to think there wasn't a setting a ticked in G3 Tweaksbox, cause I can't find it now.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine disappears when I am connected to WiFi. However, the signal bars are still present. I did enable a setting in G3 Tweaksbox, though, to hide it when connected to WiFi, so maybe it constantly displaying is the norm.

Edit: Now I'm starting to think there wasn't a setting a ticked in G3 Tweaksbox, cause I can't find it now.

It is a setting in the TweaksBox. You must have enabled AOSP icons. I did that and the "LTE" thing goes away when on WiFi. This is the best, IMO.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It does go away...ok thanks didn't know that as far as sms/mms

Yeah, it threw me off once and then I remembered my basic networking classes hehe. SMS, and especially MMS, travel through the carrier's network, not WiFi. Hangouts (and iMessage if we must compare), however, CAN come through WiFi since it's a different protocol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678