LG G3 2gb - 3gb RAM and LG G2

MirKiwi

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi there! I'm here as a future owner of an LG G series device, but before becoming one of you, I wanna ask you some questions.
So, I am interested in buying an LG G3 or an LG G2.
Visual-wise I prefer the G3, it's just better in my opinion. The fact is, atm, I can buy an LG G2 32gb pretty cheap because of an offer and this is very interesting in my opinion. On the other hand, if I want to buy an LG G3 I'll have to spend quite more money. The difference is not too big for 2gb/16gb version (and it has an SD slot so it's not a problem for me) but is not too small for the 3gb/32gb version.
Is the 1gb of ram more very important or it quite useless?
And, another question, is it worth to spend a bit more to buy the G3 instead of the G2? I know it has a better battery but worse camera... honestly I prefer a better battery... but it's a matter of fact I can buy a second battery for the G3 and solve this problem. In addition I think the 2k HD screen is pretty useful and 1080p are enough, but the more the better :p Size-wise I don't see to much difference, it's like less then 1cm per dimension, so both are ok. I guess.

Thank you in advance ;)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Whether the technical specs such as RAM and storage are right for you will depend on what you want to use your device for.
I have no experience of the G2 but it was a phone I came quite close to buying. It was and still is very highly regarded. I have the Nexus 5, made by LG of course, which is a very high quality device overall and I think the general opinion is that the G2 is even more impressive. If money is limited I don't think you could do better, or at least not very much better, than a G2.
Regarding screens, the Nexus 5 has about 450ppi, and is superb....no pixels are visible. The G2 screen being a bit bigger has a lower ppi-rating but I should think not enough to make a noticeable difference.

Posted via Android Central App

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
If you go with the G3 don't buy the 2gb version imo.

I had a terrible experience with it - the system took 1,5gb constantly so I only had like 2-3 apps running at the background - the rest of it always restarted and I literally had zero multitask and lots of home screen redraws.

Also a side note for the G2: I read that they will upgrade it to 5.0 and will use the new look.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Both are great devices so this is my help for you..

Toss a coin...

Heads= G3

Tails=G2

And there you will have it fate has decided for you...leaving your head free and clear for the important decisions such as to have Fish & chips for dinner or opt for steak hmmmm.

Posted via the Android Central App

Floppyhamwar

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a G3 with 16gb and 2 ram and love this thing! I had a G2 last year an loved it also , to be honest though for me the resfresh to the G3 is really neat and I think it's one of the best phones out there, that being said the G2 is amazing also you won't be disapointed either way

Posted From Via Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
If you go with the G3 don't buy the 2gb version imo.

I had a terrible experience with it - the system took 1,5gb constantly so I only had like 2-3 apps running at the background - the rest of it always restarted and I literally had zero multitask and lots of home screen redraws.

Also a side note for the G2: I read that they will upgrade it to 5.0 and will use the new look.

Oi not all 2/16gb G3's are defective and the 3/32 has had the equivalent issues lol

Your experience is unfortunate yes granted but your advice is not applicable to all.

So there na na na na na :p

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Oi not all 2/16gb G3's are defective and the 3/32 has had the equivalent issues lol

Your experience is unfortunate yes granted but your advice is not applicable to all.

So there na na na na na :p

Of course I noticed that it's not applicable to all (though there were a few threads about home screen restarts) - that's why I wrote that that was my experience. :)

And also probably it's not noticable for the average user I think. :)

Ether way - you can't choose wrong! I just tried a G2 and I was amazed since it has almost everything (like G3) and it's really awesome and fast! Especially if they will upgrade it later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech