LG G3 Some mp4s play from MicroSD card, others don't - all work from internal storage - ???

rockytt

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Problem pretty much as described. I've got a few movies that I'd like to put on the G3, but don't want to clog up the internal storage so have placed them on a 64gb external SD card. Problem is, some of the movies play while others refuse. If I put them onto the internal storage, all play fine - so it's not some codec issue that the G3 doesn't support. Anyone else run into this? Any solutions?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't know the answer, but how do you think you're "clogging up" internal memory? The 32 GB of storage is completely separate from the 3 GB of RAM, so putting the files on internal storage isn't going to do anything bad other than leaving less storage for other files.

rockytt

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, that's kinda what I meant - I purchased the microSD card (and frankly, selected this phone over the Galaxy s5) because I could put my media files there. (32gb of storage becomes/became 10gb very quickly - that's what I meant by clogging up internal memory)
I certainly understand the difference between RAM and internal/external storage - but do appreciate the reply.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63