Unlocking and installing Stock Kit-Kit (CM)

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So, I read about how the LG G3 bootloader was unlocked a little over a week ago. I'm looking to upgrade my Nexus 5, but I'm not interested in the Nexus 6 so that's a no. I'm also not interested in any phone without stock (or as close to stock) Android.

So I would ideally like a phone that I could unlock and install something like CM on. The LG G3 seems like a great fit, but I haven't really seen much about rooting/flashing CM for the LG G3.. Is there even anything out there for this phone yet?

Does anyone have Kit Kat on their LG G3?

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
So, I read about how the LG G3 bootloader was unlocked a little over a week ago. I'm looking to upgrade my Nexus 5, but I'm not interested in the Nexus 6 so that's a no. I'm also not interested in any phone without stock (or as close to stock) Android.

So I would ideally like a phone that I could unlock and install something like CM on. The LG G3 seems like a great fit, but I haven't really seen much about rooting/flashing CM for the LG G3.. Is there even anything out there for this phone yet?

Does anyone have Kit Kat on their LG G3?

ROM development hasn't really taken off yet, for the G3, but will hopefully be coming soon. As for Kit Kat, the G3 comes with it out of the box. Everybody has it on their G3. Not sure what you mean by the last line.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Like JaiMento said, we will have to wait for CM to release a rom for the G3. Until then, you can try out the early roms that have already been released. They are decent for a stock experience. Although CM is very far from stock.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Android now 1.6 but unfortunately its only available for the D855. Lib files are causing a slight issue going by the XDA thread.

But for a stock based ROM it should be renamed roadrunner as its pretty darn zippy :)

Posted via the Android Central App

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
ROM development hasn't really taken off yet, for the G3, but will hopefully be coming soon. As for Kit Kat, the G3 comes with it out of the box. Everybody has it on their G3. Not sure what you mean by the last line.

Alright thanks. Looks like I'll hold off buying the G3 for a couple months until some new ROMs come out for it. The last line I was trying to refer to Stock Kit Kat, I know it has kit kat under it's skin. I should've been more clear.

@xocomaox Didn't realize how far CM has come. Haven't used it in a couple years TBH. Last time I used it though it was basically stock Android with a bunch of modifications/optional features.

I see some G3's on CL going for $250-350. I'll wait it out a bit longer and pick one up for $300 in a couple months. Thanks for the replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan