Got Mine Today - First Thoughts

stardomains

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been a Blackberry Q10 (doing the 2-phone thing now) guy for a long time. Got a Nexus 5 used about a month ago. And I decided to upgrade to this LG g3. So far I'm really liking this. At first it definitely seemed slower than the Nexus in terms of the OS and switching apps and what not. But after turning on the ART and turning off animations it seems just as snappy. Love the infrared remote control. Dimensions of screen and device are perfect yet pocketable. USB Togo working great. Charging seems slow even with stock charger for some reason. Maybe the battery needs breaking in. I did notice my microusb port is a bit finicky in terms of you have to plug things in precisely or they won't go in. Anyone else have those two issues? But this thing is looking nice. Got two extra batteries and it being removeable is thumbs up. Props to LG for that. Got a Qi door lost in the mail I hope comes soon. But if it charges slow wired I 'm wondering what that will be like even with a 1.8 amp charger. So far it's quite the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been a Blackberry Q10 (doing the 2-phone thing now) guy for a long time. Got a Nexus 5 used about a month ago. And I decided to upgrade to this LG g3. So far I'm really liking this. At first it definitely seemed slower than the Nexus in terms of the OS and switching apps and what not. But after turning on the ART and turning off animations it seems just as snappy. Love the infrared remote control. Dimensions of screen and device are perfect yet pocketable. USB Togo working great. Charging seems slow even with stock charger for some reason. Maybe the battery needs breaking in. I did notice my microusb port is a bit finicky in terms of you have to plug things in precisely or they won't go in. Anyone else have those two issues? But this thing is looking nice. Got two extra batteries and it being removeable is thumbs up. Props to LG for that. Got a Qi door lost in the mail I hope comes soon. But if it charges slow wired I 'm wondering what that will be like even with a 1.8 amp charger. So far it's quite the phone.

For your two little issues this was my experience....

Charging was and that being the operative word slow but after a short period all settled and this should be the case for you.

As for the placement micro USB phone connection yes this is common and I'm sure it hasn't corrected itself on mine lol but rather I have gotten used to it and its now just normal practice lol

Enjoy your G3 :)

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that the first few charges are slow but it will speed up.

And the micro usb port is definitely tight, but I am used to it now.

stardomains

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The lights not really good right now and I hope that's the reason but the camera shots really are not looking good I'm hoping this will change. The detail is not there. Everything looks muddy. Nexus shots seem better initially here. Maybe I got a bum camera module.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have both Nexus 5 and G3....both have good cameras so what you describe doesn't sound right. Or are you talking about subtle differences and really bad lighting conditions?

Posted via Android Central App

jaypster

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Got mine just the other day and I agree with the slow charging issue as well as battery life being shorter than I expected but I think it does need some breaking in.

Also had difficulty plugging in the charging cable into microUSB port. Have to put it in a precise angle.

stardomains

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The charging super-slow thing went away. Looks like the battery just needed a few days break-in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18