LG G3 Contacts accessing GAL on Exchange

fraged

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have an issue with my G3 and hope some one here could help me. I setup my G3 with Active Sync or an Exchange account. When I search for a contact's phone number I can pull up the personal contacts from Outlook but it does not automatically search the Global Address List which is the companies address book on the Exchange server. I have check my settings under Contacts and it is set to search all accounts. If I open a new email from the default mail app that comes with the phone it will automatically access the GAL on the Exchange server. In other words I type in the name in the To: field of the person and it finds the names from the GAL.

Has anyone else had this issue with the contacts or is there a work around I haven't found?

My other two Android devices would automatically find the GAL, and with an iPhone one has to take some extra steps to find the information but it does find it.

LG told me to purchase a third party mail app but I am not sure that would resolve the issue with the contacts search.
AT&T had no idea with two support phone calls and they remote controlled my phone to check my settings which was impressive.
AT&T store had no idea but I plan to talk to the manager tomorrow.

Help anyone?

Thank you

fraged

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I figured out the issue. The auto configuration for the Exchange settings left the domain field blank. I removed the account and setup it up manually with the correct domain name.
Thank you