How do I stop my screen from going to dim?

srudoff

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
New to LG G3 - 2 questions about screen dimming

Just upgraded from a Galaxy S3. My two questions

1. The phone seems to want to dim my display no matter what my screen timeout settings are. Sometimes it will go completely black but sometimes it seems to dim to like 5-10% - I can still see the desktop but barely.

2. When you're playing music on Spotify the lock screen fills up completely with the album art - which i've never seen before and is a great feature. Unfortunately the lock screen only stays on for like 5 seconds before it turns off. Is there a way to keep the lock screen displayed for as long as possible?

Thanks

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: New to LG G3 - 2 questions about screen dimming

To answer the Second question, head into settings lock screen and as per screenshot at the bottom, change the lockscreen timer.

Attachments

• 1414185782354.jpg
    1414185782354.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 72

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Duncan how did you get custom software navigation buttons on your G3? I'm currently using a Xposed module to give me the Lollipop Nav buttons, but I haven't seen anything to ask custom buttons like have the G3 logo

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Srudoff I'm not sure I understand question #1. So your screen is dimming but not turning off?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

To answer the Second question, head into settings lock screen and as per screenshot at the bottom, change the lockscreen timer.
That will not keep the lock screen from timing out. Only allow you to wake up your phone after a certain period of time without unlocking.

It turns the screen off after 10 seconds no matter what. I've not found any way to alter this yet.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Right I have the same problem with my G3. Unrooted, using Nova Launcher. I have the developer options set so that the screen does not time out while charging. So in the car, the idea is, while in my phone cradle and plugged in, my screen should stay on at whatever brightness I set it to (auto brightness is off) the thing is the screen still dims to the point of uselessness.

I can tap it to wake it back to the set brightness but this usually triggers a menu or opens an app unless I hit an empty space on the screen. When using Google Maps Navigation, the screen stays on the whole time. I just want the same thing to work when using something like Spotify (maybe that should be a setting within the app itself).

Arbitor

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Just upgraded from a Galaxy S3. My two questions

1. The phone seems to want to dim my display no matter what my screen timeout settings are. Sometimes it will go completely black but sometimes it seems to dim to like 5-10% - I can still see the desktop but barely.

2. When you're playing music on Spotify the lock screen fills up completely with the album art - which i've never seen before and is a great feature. Unfortunately the lock screen only stays on for like 5 seconds before it turns off. Is there a way to keep the lock screen displayed for as long as possible?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt