Thinking of trading my 5s for a LG G3

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had a android phone since like April so it's been a little while. Is it a good deal? Is the G3 really good? Is the camera just as good as the 5s? Does it lag at all or freeze?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had a android phone since like April so it's been a little while. Is it a good deal? Is the G3 really good? Is the camera just as good as the 5s? Does it lag at all or freeze?

I think it's a good device. My recommendation is to stop by your local retailer to use it and see if it's what you expect it to be. Will you be trading straight up?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

I just traded my G3 for an iPhone 5s. It was a nice device but I just wasn't overall happy with it. There were times when it was sluggish, heated up and rebooted. Each device is different although made as the same. There were others that had the same issue I did. Others that didn't.

The G3 was by far more than one step ahead of the G2 but wasn't good enough in my opinion to keep for a while. But then again...I don't have a single device longer than a year anyways.

53N7 9R0M M4 MANZANA 5S

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I just traded my G3 for an iPhone 5s. It was a nice device but I just wasn't overall happy with it. There were times when it was sluggish, heated up and rebooted. Each device is different although made as the same. There were others that had the same issue I did. Others that didn't.

The G3 was by far more than one step ahead of the G2 but wasn't good enough in my opinion to keep for a while. But then again...I don't have a single device longer than a year anyways.

53N7 9R0M M4 MANZANA 5S

I had the 5s for about 4-5 months now and I love it but I'm ready for a different device. Been awhile since i had android

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I've found the G3 to be great. It's fast, I've found little or no lag (although others do report lag on the G3), I like LG's take on the Android skin, and the general feel in the hand is nice too, considering it is pretty much false plastic.

Like any phone, it's not perfect. It depends what you're after. It has a brilliant camera, but it's not THE absolute best one out there. The battery life is fine, but, due to the screen ppi, it does drop fast if you use it a lot - however, the standby time on the G3 is awesome - so what you might lose when you use the screen a lot, you'll often make up when it's idle - of course, if you hammer the phone, the battery will get munched much quicker - but then the battery is removable so you can always carry a spare - I get 12-16hrs on average, and use it loads.

Personally, I think it's hard to beat the G3 currently if you want a top-end Android handset.

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I went from a Nexus 5 to an LG G3 and couldn't be happier. The camera is the best I've used on a smart phone - the laser focus is awesome and it has OIS like the N5 . One of the first things I did was install the Nova Prime launcher and configured it to look like the standard Google Launcher - love how I can backup my home screen layout. The icons are nice and big - I tried setting them smaller like in the stock LG launcher, but I much prefer the 4x4 default layout - looks great on the gorgeous LG G3 screen. No lag either :) I used the Moonshine icon pack to change a few icons to higher-res versions.

I bought a fast Samsung 64GB SD card and have set the camera to save media to that rather than the internal memory. Never had a phone with an SD card before. I found the wireless charging more finicky than with the Nexus. Two of my cheap eBay wireless charging plates don't work, but two other cheap circular wireless plates work fine as long as you position the phone optimally (slightly below centre) and use a good charger and cable.

I did have a OnePlus One in between the N5 and LG G3 - am returning that under their 14 day return policy - it just wasn't stable, I got frequent reboots and a slightly yellow screen at the bottom of the display.

bwhardy

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Switched from a 5s to the G3 and have not had any problems with lag or heat. Love the camera, autofocus is quick and dead on. Shutter release is quick. Have not looked back.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm doing the trade tomorrow. Hopefully it's worth it and I like it. I'm glad I'm able to switch my warranty over to it t-mobile told me. I didn't think I could.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I just got the LG G3 today and really like it. Screen is really good. Came from a note 3, and tried the iPhone 5c and I hated that.

I'm really enjoying this device and free of Samsung's Touchwiz and bloatware. I tried the note 4 for a while and couldn't take touchwiz anymore.