Micro SD recommendations

joesf

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, could anyone recommend a micro sd card. I believe Sandisk and Samsung are the go to brands. Its mainly going to be used for keeping TWRP nandroid backups on as I'm quite getting into the custom rom thing. I'm probably looking at spending up to £30 for a 32 or 64gb card. Obviously reliability needs to be good (I know nothing is 100% reliable).

Also, for those into the custom rom scene is it ok to flash zips from ext storage or is it better to always flash from internal? I can restore nandroid backups from ext sd without issue.

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As for brands, another couple good ones are PNY, and Kingston. As for where to store ROM and Nandroids, I store them internally. They typically work better there for me at least.

joesf

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
As for brands, another couple good ones are PNY, and Kingston. As for where to store ROM and Nandroids, I store them internally. They typically work better there for me at least.

I've had a PNY go wrong before so not much confidence in those and I forgot about Kingston, I think they have a good reputation.

The problem with keeping backups on internal storage is the size, I have a 16gb phone and currently have 2 backups each just under 4gb in size. I don't mind keeping those on ext sd as I've restored from there a few times with no problems whatsoever.
I suppose flashing ROM zips from internal would lessen the chances of an error.

Thanks for the advice:)

Posted via the Android Central App

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Don't bother with SD cards, half apps don't work when transferred to SD. In saying that it's good for music storage, but working apps it's a big no from me.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't bother with SD cards, half apps don't work when transferred to SD. In saying that it's good for music storage, but working apps it's a big no from me.

He said he would be storing backups on the card, not apps.

Either way, I have a 32GB sandisk that I use to store all of my music and movies on. Haven't had any issues with it at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE