Quick Memo Update

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I updated the quick memo and it's super laggy now. Takes a good 3 seconds to open. I'm seriously considering buying the note 4. This phone is getting on my nerves and seems LG doesn't care about it's product. 😡😡😡😡

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Which method of opening? Mine takes 2s when opening by pressing Volume Up with the phone switched off, but is fairly instant when opening via the app icon. Unlocked D855-EUR v10l.

Posted via the Android Central App

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Use to be instant. The update broke it completely. This phone is so laggy compare to the g2. I might hop to the note 4. LG broke it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If I were to hop to the Note 4 it would cost me about £650 unlocked. That's some hop. And I'm guessing that that device like all others would perhaps not be without its glitches. I don't mean to discredit the products of Messrs Samsung you understand, or any other manufacturer, but smartphones and glitches seem to go hand-in-hand. Look at the forums, especially AAQ....one problem after another.
If by any chance you're in the UK, L may improve things for you fairly soonish?

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Not in the UK. The phone is flawless on ART but I was having to do a battery pull everyday. I love this phone but the amount of lag on it is very annoying which my g2 was free of. Hoping the L will fix this so I can run ART. End of vent.

TJWINS

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Not in the UK. The phone is flawless on ART but I was having to do a battery pull everyday. I love this phone but the amount of lag on it is very annoying which my g2 was free of. Hoping the L will fix this so I can run ART. End of vent.

I'm running ART and never had to do a battery pull. You might want to try a wipe and fresh install. Lollipop will run on ART by default. I expect a smooth G3 on L but then again it is lightening quick and smooth now on ART with animations set to .5x. With animations turned off you will get a choppy user experience.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the update on my T-Mobile G3, and it is literally taking two seconds to open. The screen sits for a second and the tool bar pops in the next second. I'm also running ART. I don't know how much worse a third second would be, but I don't mind the two seconds.

T-Mobile G3

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the update on my T-Mobile G3, and it is literally taking two seconds to open. The screen sits for a second and the tool bar pops in the next second. I'm also running ART. I don't know how much worse a third second would be, but I don't mind the two seconds.

T-Mobile G3

Just redid it and counted 2 seconds now as well. Still something that was instant now takes 2 seconds because of an update 😳

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
OMG,2 whole seconds. How can you wait that long without losing your mind? Jeez, some people would gripe if you hung them with a new rope. Obviously a first-world problem.

Posted from my VZW LG G3

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Just redid it and counted 2 seconds now as well. Still something that was instant now takes 2 seconds because of an update 😳

A third of your waiting time has been given back to you. Use it wisely, my friend.

Posted via Android Central App