How to change ICONS in the lock screen

pc84

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I've tried to change apps icons thru the lg interface and both by using few launcher but both the ways changed only the icon on the main screen, and not in the lock screen not in the settings->applications screen.
Is there a way to change the app icons entirely?

vannylugo

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I've tried to change apps icons thru the lg interface and both by using few launcher but both the ways changed only the icon on the main screen, and not in the lock screen not in the settings->applications screen.
Is there a way to change the app icons entirely?
Make your self clear i cant understand what your problem is.

pc84

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Ok,
If your lock screen is set to open with swipe,
You can choose up to 5 apps to be shown at the bottom of the lock screen.
Now, if you have some application icon on the Home screen let's say Play Store, you may change it's icon on the Home screen. But the icon changes only on the Home screen, not in the lock screen nor in the applications settings screen nor in any other place in the phone.
I've also tried changing my launcher but saw the same results.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Go to Options > Lockscreen > Shortcuts. Then you click the gear icon for each individual one. You can delete the shortcut or choose and app

Attachments

• 21279.jpg
    21279.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 116
  • 21281.jpg
    21281.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 115

pc84

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
That is not what I've asked!
Let's say i do what u have suggested and i choose the phone app, it'll appear with it's default icon as defined in the lg android os.
But i wish it to appear in the lock screen (or in the guest screen, or any other place in the phone) with the same icon that i choose which is different from the default ugly icon lg choose. Until now i succeed to change the icon appearance only in the Home screen.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol okay first off take a chill pill dude.

Second I see what you mean now. You used an icon pack with a third party launcher to change your icons. As far as I know the icons only change within the launcher app itself (i.e. the home screen, the app drawer). The lock screen is a separate app from the launcher so the icon pack doesn't show up there. As far as I know there is no way of change the icons on the home screen, they will be the default LG icons as long as you're using LG's default lock screen.

Thats how it is on my phone. I use Nova launcher with the moonshine icon pack. But as you can see from my previous screen shots the LG icons still show up on the lock screen

Let's say i do what u have suggested and i choose the phone app, it'll appear with it's default icon as defined in the lg android os.
But i wish it to appear in the lock screen (or in the guest screen, or any other place in the phone) with the same icon that i choose which is different from the default ugly icon lg choose. Until now i succeed to change the icon appearance only in the Home screen.

Last edited:

vannylugo

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
What your asking is about a theme themes can be downloaded on your launchers store or you can root you device and modify it your self

pc84

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, for the responses.
It's realy shame lg did not enabled the option to change the icons in the lock screen as well. I've downloaded few Lockers but did not check them all yet neither decided if to use one of them or stay with the lg default.
10x y'all

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't think it's anything that LG can enable. The icon packs don't actually replace the icons, they basically just put a cover on top of them that only certain launchers can see

Thanks, for the responses.
It's realy shame lg did not enabled the option to change the icons in the lock screen as well. I've downloaded few Lockers but did not check them all yet neither decided if to use one of them or stay with the lg default.
10x y'all

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21