Update on Verizon

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm updating now (went through "1 of 2" then "2 of 2" updates and now I'm on the 'Android is upgrading....optimizing app X of Y" screen).

The update on the first screen said there's various improvements (including having the camera icon on the lockscreen). We'll see. I'm also rooted but someone on that link posted earlier said they retained root. We'll see about that too.

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Let us know if you keep root.
Pretty minor update overall.
No extra bloat thank goodness. The whole camera on lock screen seems unnecessary due to the volume down short cut key.

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Eh was hoping it addressed the ONLY issue I've had with the phone...the redrawing which constantly happens on my homescreen of widgets...nope.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yep, can confirm I kept root, but I did have the Xposed framework and rebooted, just like jmr7192. All my G3 Tweakbox settings came back afterwards.

Not noticing much difference yet other than the camera on the lockscreen is there now.

eggdashure

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if this helps with the Audio issues during a call? I use a Bluetooth and have no issues, but a colleague uses the same phone normally and he cuts out frequently unless he adjusts the angle of the device. :-\

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Got the update, root survived, but I don't see any camera shortcut on the lock screen. Am I missing something?

Posted via the Android Central App