Phone Calls Only App.?

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

One of the few things I don’t like on the G3 is ‘Quiet Mode’.

It seems that it only allows either ‘Vibrate’ or ‘Silent’ as options. What I need is the ability to have my phone charging at night, with all notifications off, but ONLY phone calls allowed. It purely an ‘In case of emergencies’ thing I need really. If Quiet Mode is ‘Silent’, I get nothing at all, and ‘Vibrate’ allows it to vibrate when it rings, but so do SMS and e-mails. In either case, everything lights up regardless.

Ideally, I need an app. that allows call-only at night or when I choose, preferably with the option of and on-screen clock, although that’s no deal-breaker.

There’s loads of alarm/profile apps out there, but it’s a bit of a mine-field so I thought I’d ask here rather than install & then uninstall dozens of apps until I find one that does the job.

Cheers.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I know on Samsung phones they have a blocking mode which silences everything except from people you list in the "Allowed" list --- Does the G3 have anything like this? Or only that quiet mode?

I wonder if there is an app out there that can do this.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I know on Samsung phones they have a blocking mode which silences everything except from people you list in the "Allowed" list --- Does the G3 have anything like this? Or only that quiet mode?

I wonder if there is an app out there that can do this.

Nah. Pretty sure that's not possible on the G3.

silyx

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes the G3 does have this capability. Long press on the Quiet Mode toggle on the quick settings menu. Turn on quiet mode to enable the options below. Uncheck the block incoming calls box or modify the calls allowed setting just below.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes the G3 does have this capability. Long press on the Quiet Mode toggle on the quick settings menu. Turn on quiet mode to enable the options below. Uncheck the block incoming calls box or modify the calls allowed setting just below.

Yes, but that's the point. It's unchecked, but in silent mode, it calls silently, and in vibrate mode it just vibrates. Still no option for the phone to actually ring with notifications off.

kenrose1

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Did you try...Settings-Sound-Ringtones &Vibrations -Default Notification Sound....Than check silent. The phone will ring but notifications won't. The phone will still light up, but just leave it face down and you won't see it.

kevp913

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Auto Ring on my last phone. Allowed me to white list certain callers and have it ring the phone, unlike quiet mode that only does vibrate. Haven't tested on my g3 yet.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks.

I've ended up just DL a standard night-clock app. Seems to do the job OK. Just a shame it's not an AMOLED screen for some proper blackness, but it works OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech