What to buy? G3, z3, or turbo

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Currently a droid maxx user. Looking to upgrade. Love the battery life and loud earpiece on the maxx. Between the 3 phones in the subject line, which would be best? I read the new turbo isn't voice and data and has low earpiece volume. Used a z3 at the store and you can feel your voice vibrating on the back of the phone.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Currently a droid maxx user. Looking to upgrade. Love the battery life and loud earpiece on the maxx. Between the 3 phones in the subject line, which would be best? I read the new turbo isn't voice and data and has low earpiece volume. Used a z3 at the store and you can feel your voice vibrating on the back of the phone.

I have an LG G3 I use on T-mobile and I really like it. Love the size of the display and the QHD screen. I have not noticed any weird vibration while talking on the phone.

If battery life is most important, you might want to go with the Droid Turbo. The battery life on the G3 is just OK.

I have not handled a Z3 so I have not opinion on that.

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Honestly i would go with the turbo. The G3 is great but the turbo is honestly better in every way. Unless you like having a bigger screen and laser auto focus. But thats about it.

Posted via the LG G3

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Honestly i would go with the turbo. The G3 is great but the turbo is honestly better in every way. Unless you like having a bigger screen and laser auto focus. But thats about it.

Posted via the LG G3

And if you don't mind carrying around an ugly phone with a giant chin and thick bezel. This is subjective, of course, but I'd be willing to bet the majority of people would consider the G3 the better looking and feeling device.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
It's either the g3 or the turbo. I had the Maxx now have the G3 it's and nice upgrade. Its funny when Maxx was new low earpiece volume was a complaint about it I'm sure it will be an easy fix in the turbo but if you need data and phone at same time the it's the G3 or wait for turbo update. I've tried turbo in store seems like great device. For once it seems like all the good devices are on Verizon

Posted via Android Central App

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I would go between the G3 and Turbo. And this will come down to taste in the phone. I love my G3 but I will admit the Turbo in the ballistic nylon looks nice. Never had a problem with the ear piece in my G3 and battery life is good, But the turbo does have almost 1000mah more than the G3 plus moto optimization on the software. I say you can't go wrong with what you pick, so go play with both and get the one that feels right in the hand. I always say a phone can have the best specs in the world but if you cant stand to hold it or its an eye sore whats the point.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
battery life is good, But the turbo does have almost 1000mah more than the G3 plus moto optimization on the software.

True, but the G3 is the only one that you can swap the batteries in and out.

I'd class the G3's battery as average, but I've yet to come a across a phone with a stuck in battery that can out last my spare... ;)

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
All great phones. WWill come down to user preference. Make sure you hold each one in your hand to see how they feel. G3 will probably win in that department. And it's still 5.5".

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem....I'm torn between the G3 and the Turbo. I've been rocking the G2 for the last year, and I love the form factor....all screen, no side buttons (love the back buttons). The G2 has had fantastic battery life, so I'm a bit worried the G3 is going to disappoint me in that aspect. The Turbo seems a bit more durable, I think I would really enjoy the Moto apps......and the battery, oh the battery (drools). I'm so confused.....I've liked my G2 so much that the G3 was always a no-brainer.....then the Turbo had to show up and complicate my life. Lol, maybe I'll just wait until the 2015 flagships arrive.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I came from Droid Maxx to G3. Had to make change as I moved to T-Mobile to save a bundle. But I digress. I loved the Maxx and battery life was concern as I moved to G3. Battery on G3 has been decent and still gets me through a typical day. Have found G3 to more then meet my needs.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I had the G2, upgraded to the G3 recently. I, like you am interested in that Turbo but am waiting to see some reviews on the camera. The G3 camera is a big upgrade to the G2, which I thought was pretty decent. I guess it depends on what is a priority, Turbo battery is a big selling point. Good luck

Posted via the Android Central App

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I was deciding between the G3 and Turbo. I loved the G3 and have convinced a few people to purchase it including my Mother who has technophobia and has tiny hands. My Sister retired to convince her off lower end phones. My 2 questions for her hold it to your hand, how does it feel? Now hold it to your ear like you were talking on it and how does it feel? She has a beautiful new G3.
I visited my family up in Boston area to see not only my Mom with her G3,but my Uncle also who switched from an iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S4 to rocking the G3

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I went with the Turbo yesterday based on battery and 64GB opportunity.
First thoughts. Wider than expected due to case. Chin and bezel is wasted space. Love the Ballistic Nylon back. Disabled Verizon bloatware. Turbo is fast quick and easy to use. Much thinner than expected. Love the screen. Camera is quick and the pictures I have taken look great.
Due to carpel tunnel syndrome I am having problem holding the phone without some discomfort.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I now have wide wanting to upgrade her Droid DNA which happens to be almost the same size and shape of G3 and Turbo. Think I am going to work on G3.