Did i get a bad device - camera performance

wengendude

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

One of the reasons I went for LG G3 is for its camera performance.I bought a 16 GB unlocked international version from B&H. For some reason the pictures coming out of the camera are not crisp or sharp (i feel my older Galaxy S3 produced better pics). Also, after I shoot a picture, there is a lag of 3-5 seconds before it lets me take another picture. Pictures are not sharp as well both in day light and even worse in low light. I had to even make sure there was no thin plastic covering the lens! it's that bad.
I don't know if I should replace or just return it...thoughts?

Thanks!

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Sounds abnormal to me. Like they are not being processed properly, which would cause delay and quality problems.

Factory reset?

wengendude

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
It's a brand new phone just 2 days since I started using it. I'll go to the local best buy store to try with one of their floor models..

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
My pictures are great as long as the subject is not moving in perfect light. Otherwise shots are blurry or hazy. The galaxy 3 I had took far better pictures

kenrose1

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I would suggest, if you haven't, you read through the manual on the settings available for this camera. Especially, turn off the HDR and give the camera another try. Also turn off the flash if you don't need it. I think that not only will this improve the overall quality of your photos but also reduce the lag time considerably. Good luck.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My camera has gradually gotten more and more lag. I'm not sure why, but I agree that you should check and see if your HDR is on, because that takes a slower shot, and the slightest movement can cause blur.

For curiosity's sake, I suggest you try the ultra high video setting. I've used it a few times, and the sound is always out of sync with the image. I'm curious if yours will do the same thing.

T-Mobile G3

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463