Tempered Glass Screen Protector

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never had one before this phone, but I ordered two of the iCarez protectors. It was very easy to put on and seems to be working just fine.

Thing about screen protectors, you kind of don't ever want to really test them out. I mean, testing them to the point of failure means you've ruined your screen...so the best you can do is judge it's effectiveness from random and accidental drops, which more often than not aren't the worst you can throw at your device (so to speak). If I have any truly awful drops, I'll come back and report on how well the protector held up. ;)

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Got my sister http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Scratch-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4065429 - it was pretty simple to put on and it feels great. If you're not sure how to put it on without getting dust under it, per a YouTube video I watched, I ran a hot shower for a few minutes until the room was steamy then used a table in the room and set it on there and put it on. Worked really well and it looks fantastic, not a speck of dust!

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have one from ZAGG, but they're kind of pricy. I live right down the street from their corporate headquarters though so it's really easy for me to have them install it professionally and provide replacements under the warranty. I also like how ZAGG will let you start off with a cheaper model protector and apply it's cost toward a more expensive one if you want to trade up later. So far I've been pretty pleased with it.

BORIStheBLADE

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Got my sister - it was pretty simple to put on and it feels great. If you're not sure how to put it on without getting dust under it, per a YouTube video I watched, I ran a hot shower for a few minutes until the room was steamy then used a table in the room and set it on there and put it on. Worked really well and it looks fantastic, not a speck of dust!

I bought one of these and pretty happy with it. Two weeks in and don't see any issues so far. For $9.00 If I get a year out of it I'll be happy..

baul0010

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I've never had one before this phone, but I ordered two of the iCarez protectors. It was very easy to put on and seems to be working just fine.

Thing about screen protectors, you kind of don't ever want to really test them out. I mean, testing them to the point of failure means you've ruined your screen...so the best you can do is judge it's effectiveness from random and accidental drops, which more often than not aren't the worst you can throw at your device (so to speak). If I have any truly awful drops, I'll come back and report on how well the protector held up. ;)

I have the icarez and it was easy to install and I have dropped it already. The corner of the tempered glass cracked but is still useable. Very happy that I had a tempered glass protector on!

Posted via the Android Central App

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the PThink tempered glass screen protector. $11 on Amazon.ca. Looks great and gives me peace of mind. Application was easy as well.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am using this as well but purely for the speaker oval cut out versus everyone other model that uses notches.
Got tired of the lint and other garbage always collecting in there. As it turns out it's as good as any other glass protector I've tried and for only $9.90.
The fit is great and it has the rounded edges that do not go edge to edge, there is just enough room to allow a case to overhang and not touch the protector. I bought 2 others that showed pictures of an oval cut out versus a notch but when received there were notches.....I hate misrepresentation!
Already sent those back, love Amazon Prime.

I have the PThink tempered glass screen protector. $11 on Amazon.ca. Looks great and gives me peace of mind. Application was easy as well.

AlfieBriggs

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Does a tempered screen protector actually have glass? I'm so confused? Does it leave bubbles in application?

Posted via my amazing Note 4 paired with my Moto360

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Does a tempered screen protector actually have glass? I'm so confused? Does it leave bubbles in application?

Posted via my amazing Note 4 paired with my Moto360

It's flexible glass. Doesn't bubble but will lift if dust gets under it.

I got the cheap fosman one off Amazon and fits great!

cykodelik_75

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Skinomi one off of Amazon. Only $15 and offers lifetime replacements. Was a little tough to line up correctly but I also wasn't on an even surface. It's only been two days but do far I'm really happy with it.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I got the icarez .2mm one for Xmas and its really nice!! Seems like the sensitivity improved from a regular Spigen Ultra Clear protector I had on it as well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781