AT&T Bloatware, Remove???

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have G3 D850 stock from at&t and I wanted to know can I uninstall some or all of these built-in apps without causing damage????
When I tried to a pop up message saying it can cause other apps to mess up so I canceled... So much at&t apps its ridiculous...

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
See http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...tware-list-safe-remove-lg-g3.html#post3873000

But note that "safe" to remove doesn't necessarily mean good to remove. Some of the apps that person has removed may be things that are useful to you. My suggestion (assuming you're rooted) would be to use Titanium Backup to freeze apps you want to get rid of. If, after a month or so, everything is working fine, then delete them if you must. But I don't think that deleted apps will actually get you more usable RAM, because of the way RAM is partitioned on the G3.

jaypster

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Like what meyerweb said, if you're rooted use TitaniumBackup and freeze the bloatware apps. If you're not rooted, you can turn them off or install Greenify.

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank u for the input, I really appreciate it.. And I thought about rooting my G3 but I'm New at all this stuff and all thumbs too, I could open a file on one of those "Leap frog" kid computers and wipe out the whole thing.. Ha ha.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC