Reception issues with AT&T

maxwell600

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Well, the phone itself is pretty good. No huge issues. All for one (personally) and that's reception at my house. Any other device I have on the same network has a consistent 3 bars an consistent speeds, using speedtest to measure.

Needless to say? I am returning it. Yes the screen is awesome. Yes the camera is awesome. But the antenna issue is something that is unforgivable in my mind.

I've opted for the HTC One M8. Why? Well, firstly I understand that the M8 isn't without its hangups. But I was thinking. I have always used my phones more for music rather than pictures. So as far as the camera? It'll do just fine from what I've read but the real winning factor for me is the dual front speakers. That with it being still an awesome phone, is pretty much the deciding factor.

I was an apple fanboy for a while because again, the music factor and also how smooth the OS is. Let's face it. Apple has some awesome OS programmers. And I think android has finally caught up. Now if only the manufactures don't **** it up with their overlay, which in my opinion, LG didn't do. First LG android I've ever seen with a decent overlay. But it can be a little rough and juddery(sp?) at times.

Ive heard the M8 has been the smoothest android to date. So that's where I'm headed. See ya on the dark side.

Max

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The M8 is a pretty impressive phone--I'm sure you'll love it. But regarding your G3 reception issues--did you consider asking AT&T for a microcell signal booster?

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I have reception issues as well with my G3. My old Motorola Atrix 2 had much better reception (even though its a horrible phone). If i had the money I would probably switch to an M8 as that is the phone I almost chose over the G3

Posted via a Rooted AT&T LG G3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2