Newish G3 texting problem

jimswms

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
My wife is a new Android user. She's slowly converting, but feels frustrated that "things don't just work like on my iPhone".

She didn't like the stock texting app on her phone, so I put Textra on it, which I've used for years. She's happy with it for the most part, but recently its hit or miss whether she can send a photo. We're both on T-Mobile, and my Sony Z3C works fine. I've looked at the settings and it seems ok. Is this a G3 thing? An LG quirk? Is there a better texting app for her phone or should she just go back to an iPhone so it'll "just work".

Visual Voicemail is an issue for her as well, but I guess that's another post for another day...

Thanks

nodnarb1974

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Have also have T-Mobile and this happens to me. Not as much on the G3, but my S3 before it was constantly having sending issues. Mine always happens around the same time, so I figure it is just a congested tower.

Posted via the Android Central App

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm on t-mobile and I use Hangouts for texting. The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes if I'm on Wifi it won't send our receive mms for some reason, like it has to be connected and only using T-Mobile's network. Although I think that might have gotten fixed with a software update a couple months back when they announced you could do Wifi calling AND texting/mms.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I used to use chomp sms, which, I think, is from the same company that made textra. My mms suddenly became very unreliable, I contacted tech support thinking an update had started causing the problems, and the guy who helped me out explained that third party texting app companies don't get full access to T-Mobile's code, or whatever, the way the phone manufactures do. That's why there are issues with mms on T-Mobile. As much as I liked chomp, I broke down and went back to using the stock messaging app, and my mms is smooth as ever.

Edit: Sorry, wifi mms had become my main problem.

T-Mobile G3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781