How do I create folders on my home screen?

anon(9215507)

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Creating folders on home screen

On my old phone I created a (for instance) Games folder on my home screen so I didn't have lots of apps etc clogging up my screen. Can I do this with the LG G3 and if so how? (New phone. still playing!) Thanks in advance

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Creating folders on home screen

On my old phone I created a (for instance) Games folder on my home screen so I didn't have lots of apps etc clogging up my screen. Can I do this with the LG G3 and if so how? (New phone. still playing!) Thanks in advance

press and hold an app icon, drag it on top of another app icon...Done

anon(9215507)

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site

I was half expecting that but the second app kept sliding off again. I've tried it again knowing that it should work and if you get it JUST right it will stay together, but half the time it just slides off again. At least I now know it should work. I'll just try not to get too irritated with it. Thanks for your help.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

The trick is just speed :)
Android sort of assumes that low speed is to move the icon around. High speed is to create or add a folder. Try that.

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

The trick is just speed :)
Android sort of assumes that low speed is to move the icon around. High speed is to create or add a folder. Try that.

Nice! I've been scratching my head for a while trying to figure that out, after my Lollipop upgrade (on a Nexus 4).

jnbarth

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Fantastic! First time every time. Thanks for the hint.

Posted via Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I remember scratching my head in the beginning as well. It was like a frustrating bumper cars game. :)

Glad it helped.

Last edited:

Infinitech

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Now, you press and hold the icon and then at the top left it says "create folder." Just slide the icon over "create folder" and it will ask you to name the folder. Enter a name (or don't, it's not required) then press done.