lollipop?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello wezzyd. You're usually the first to know. It is indeed it. I've just downloaded. Over 500mb OTA, needed wifi connection. I found that it sat unmoving two or three times during the whole procedure, as if stuck, but not so. Haven't had much chance to look around yet, and no time to do so right now, but yes, now running Android 5.0 on my unlocked D-855, version V20e-EUR-XX, in the UK.

Edit: Sorry Rebecca, posted same moment. Sorry wezzyd, posted before you added pic.

Posted via the Android Central App

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
How does it work if you have an unlocked model from Europe on Virgin Mobile Canada... Will the ota just find the phone?

That's what used to happen with my nexus... But wasn't sure now.

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Updated now. So far so good. Loving the new little changes in the ui. Snappy too of course

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Notice how we can check battery usage in the old way, rather than how it's done on Lollipopped Nexus 5s and, I believe, the Polish updated G3s.
Also, Gallery has been retained, unlike on the N5.

Last edited:

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Those who got it. Do you still have the ability to put the phone on silent all the way and not just vibrate using the volume slider? One of the reasons I did not get a nexus6 is because you cannot do that anymore. I am hoping that LG somehow kept that with the update to 5.0

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^I just played with the settings to find out. You can turn the ringer volume to 0, and also, via a separate setting, the vibration strength to 0....but without someone actually phoning me - unlikely since I very seldom use Phone or encourage others to call - I'm not certain how it would work out in practice.

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Recieved the 5.0 update this morning ... have not really seen much difference, however, noticed that there is now a Sound, Vibration and Do Not Disturb mode available ... but no silent/mute ... has that function been removed?

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Recieved the 5.0 update this morning ... have not really seen much difference, however, noticed that there is now a Sound, Vibration and Do Not Disturb mode available ... but no silent/mute ... has that function been removed?
That is what I posted. It is a new variant of the slide volume bar and they did a way with the mute part. I was really hoping LG would override that. I can't imagine not having a phone's volume slide all the way to mute. Don't get why google take away that feature.

Also, do the LED lights still work to let you know you have messages?

richhoops

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Got my lollipop yesterday (UK sim free)

All good except my phone now won't send audio to my in car bluetooth, the phone is paired and phone calls work fine.

That's a real deal breaker for me, my nexus 5 running lollipop works just fine too.

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Issue I seem to have, when plug into my PC via USB ... not able to see the external SD card. It shows the internal storage, but prior to 5.0, I could see both SD card and Internal when plugged into PC .... Any ideas?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
How does it work if you have an unlocked model from Europe on Virgin Mobile Canada... Will the ota just find the phone?

That's what used to happen with my nexus... But wasn't sure now.

Never mind... Got the update this morning... Downloading it now. (Nervous but excited of course.)