Why can't I see my micro SD card when connected to PC?

MajkaBee

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Can't see my micro SD card when connected to PC

When connecting my LG G3 d850 with 4GB microSD to PC, I can see the drivers being installed, but I can't see the card. I have to remove the card from the phone, connect it to PC and copy files to it. After installing it back in the phone I can see all files on the card in File Manager.

Skimmt

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't see my micro SD card when connected to PC

use android file transfer to see and modify files on your phone when it's plugged in

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

When connecting my LG G3 d850 with 4GB microSD to PC, I can see the drivers being installed, but I can't see the card. I have to remove the card from the phone, connect it to PC and copy files to it. After installing it back in the phone I can see all files on the card in File Manager.

That's funny, I just happen to see this thread - I have a stock but rooted LG G3 ls 990 on Sprint and when I plug my phone into the USB I can see both my internal and external SanDisk 128gb just fine.

Maybe you are looking for a Drive Letter - if you are, you won't find it - it is listed as an MTP device under whatever name you gave it when setting up your LG G3.

The last time you could see a drive letter in Android was somewhere between Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich - I think staring with Jelly Bean, it lost the drive letter and it became an MTP device.

It's been so long ago, I can't remember exactly - but that is definitely one feature that I miss! There are ways that will get that drive letter back, but the few that I tried did not work well and root is required.

MajkaBee

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

Thank you, guys, for your responses.
I can see my microSD on android "File Manager" but not in Windows on my PC... Unless you are not talking about file manager - but about something else.

How can I "find" android MTP device on PC? I'm not experienced in Android-Windows communication...