Overall impressions of Android L on G3 and Battery life

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I have had Lollipop now for a few days and i like the new design and the features but my battery life seems to have decreased, i have an international d855 and before 5.0 i was getting a good 4 hours of SOT, however now im lucky to get to 3 hours ... And also im getting some lag on the keyboard that wasn't present on 4.4.2 and some more heating that was only present when i was playing games like Injustice.
Cheers

Posted via the Android Central App

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the same version as you and also recently went to L. Could i ask what launcher you are using. I alao had a droo in battery life...Perhaps it was my imagination but I found my battery improved when I stopped using the stock launcher. It also forced closed on me a couple times. Been using GNL to see if it helps.

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Have both of you cleared your cache in recovery mode? This seems to help some devices the have gone over to Android L. I just got my g3, but did the cache clear on my nexus 7 (2012) and it is noticeably faster than before. Might help with both battery life and the lag for you guys. And there are quite a few instructions on how to clear cache in recovery mode. It also will not delete apps and data that you already have.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Root not necessary. Power down phone. When fully powered down press and hold volume down and power button until recovery menu pops up. Use volume down to scroll to wipe cache then power button to select. Phone will restart and that's it.

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I got to storage and delete the cache from there, is the same thing ? After i did the my phone was so hot....

Posted from Lg G3

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
This is not done from storage.
1. power down phone.
2. Hold power and volume down until you see a menu pop up.
3. From this menu use volume down to move to wipe cache.
4. Use power button to select wipe cache. Phone should restart on it's on. That's it.

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
1. power down phone.
4. Use power button to select wipe cache. Phone should restart on it's on. That's it.

Just to confirm, willl this wipe any apps or settings such a the home screens?

gtcharlie

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
1. power down phone.

This definitely does not work on my A T and T G3. Not sure if it is carrier specific but all I get when I do that is a normal boot. Have tried it several times. Very frustrating as I would like to wipe the cache.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
This definitely does not work on my A T and T G3. Not sure if it is carrier specific but all I get when I do that is a normal boot. Have tried it several times. Very frustrating as I would like to wipe the cache.

Hold the power and volume down for as long as it takes until you see the recovery menu. I have to do this with my Verizon G3 because getting to that menu is slightly different for some reason.

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I tried this on my uk g3, held it down for as long at possible and it just booted into safe mode. When I restarted the phone, it rebooted but I lost all my home screen setups ... Not impressed

jojopadz

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Tried the volume down +power button thing and it gave me an option to do a factory reset. So cleaning up the cache is the same as factory reset?
(Btw try pressing volume down first the power button and hold it. Youll see something and incase you're not sure if you have pressed correctly do it again at the lg logo. That worked for me.)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've always thought that there was no option to wipe the Cache Partition on some LG devices, including the G3, without rooting. (Actually when I typed that I got tooting, so let's go with tooting.) Xoco, I believe that you are tooted? Otherwise when you go into Recovery the only option is Factory Reset and presumably Safe Mode plus odds?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I've always thought that there was no option to wipe the Cache Partition on some LG devices, including the G3, without rooting. (Actually when I typed that I got tooting, so let's go with tooting.) Xoco, I believe that you are tooted? Otherwise when you go into Recovery the only option is Factory Reset and presumably Safe Mode plus odds?

Didn't realize this was a tooted only option that appears on the system recovery screen. Interesting.

I guess what you can do, gtcharlie, is toot and then wipe the cache, then un-toot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty