LG G3: Non Compatible Videos??

grumpygramps1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I recently pre-loaded a couple of gigs worth of pictures and another couple of gigs worth of family videos on a sd card from my laptop to the micro-sd card (32 gig Samsung Class 10). When I loaded the sd card into the phone the pictures showed up fine, however only approximately 10 of the videos I loaded showed up in the gallery. When looked in the file manger app the phone had all of the videos there, but they were unable to be played on the phone. It told me they were non compatible.

I realized the videos that did show up were shot on my old HTC M7, The videos that didn't show up were shot on my Sony point and shoot. Is there anyway to get these to play on this phone??

Thank you.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
The video file probably needs to be converted to a file extension type that the phone can play - there are a lot of video converters in the play store to convert your videos - just look up video converters.

Also when asking for help you should list the type of file "extensions" that you can not play. For example: birthday-party.mov, birthday-party.mp4, birthday-party.avi, etc., just to name a few.

grumpygramps1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
The videos that transferred from my old phone are MP4 files. All the videos that transferred but can not be played are either AVCHD Video or MOV Files. Thanks for the heads up on the apps available to do this and the article link.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to convert the video files. There are many video apps in the Play store that can play more types of video files.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Ah, .mov movies, if I am not mistaken, are Apple (iPhone/iPad?) format and require Apple Quicktime to view (which is probably installed on your laptop, I'd guess). 3rd party video apps, such as VLC, should be able to support .mov on the G3.

I read your initial post too quickly, I thought some of the movies you couldn't view were .mp4's -- sorry about that.

AVCHD's must be from your Sony... according to the wiki, these are .mpeg-4/h.264 compliant. SOMETIMES (disclaimer here) you can have limited success by simply renaming the file extension (to .mp4) that can fool some players into thinking they can, and indeed do, play the file. Of course, renaming file extensions does not do miracles but from reading about the AVCHD format, it just might work (I have nothing to test to see if renaming works). Good luck.

grumpygramps1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
They are indeed from a Sony point and shoot. I will try and rename them and see if that works. THANKS AGAIN for all the advice I have received.:D:D:D:D:D:D

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Download MX Player from the play store. Plays every type of movie that I've thrown at it.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy