Android 5.0 first/

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
First install 5.0 and then wait for 5.0.1 to update it?Can we get the 5.0.1 upgraded version or is there such thing?

Apptuners

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
There might not be a 5.0.1 for G3. Remember there was no 4.4.4 either. There was only 4.4.2, into which LG integrated most of the bug fixes that were present in 4.4.4.

So there is chance they are going to do the same with 5.0.1.

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't know,I am just wondering if I should go ahead and install 5.0 or wait if there is a 5.0.1.I seem to remember that some G3 owners on this forum reported getting 5.0.1

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Just wait for 5.1 which includes the following rumored changes:

-Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
-General improvements in system stability
-Improved RAM management
-Fixes for sudden app closures
-Improved battery management
-Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
-Issues with wireless connections fixed
-Problems with Okay Google function solved
-Notifications problems solved
-Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
-Other improvements and changes
-Changes in the Material Design color palette (after users complaints, possibly for a higher version though)

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Just wait for 5.1 which includes the following rumored changes:

-Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
-General improvements in system stability
-Improved RAM management
-Fixes for sudden app closures
-Improved battery management
-Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
-Issues with wireless connections fixed
-Problems with Okay Google function solved
-Notifications problems solved
-Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
-Other improvements and changes
-Changes in the Material Design color palette (after users complaints, possibly for a higher version though)

That's no fun but actually prudent advice.

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Well,I just could not wait and installed it.Took about a half hr.,it did go smooth,so far I don't see any difference anywhere,all the apps went on and got updated.It does say Android 5.0 but what if any differences should be evident and should be seen?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
That's no fun but actually prudent advice.

Unfortunately it did not work. See below.

Well,I just could not wait and installed it.Took about a half hr.,it did go smooth,so far I don't see any difference anywhere,all the apps went on and got updated.It does say Android 5.0 but what if any differences should be evident and should be seen?

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing one troublesome app.an airline (are lingus) that is not working attached itself to Chrome,I have removed it,uninstalled it the icon is not showing anymore anywhere,but when I open Chrome it is in there.
Also I can't find Material Design

Apptuners

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
LG has retained most of the Kitkat UI even on Lollipop. Some of the changes I did notice are with the Task Switcher, Notification Pulldown and Lockscreen. To see Material Design in action, try some of the official Google apps like Google Plus.

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
really strange! I can't see anything,same old gallery offering on Lockscreen,can't see anything n Google Plus either.Must be missing something ,somewhere.You think perhaps we will be getting 5.0.1 update?

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
really strange! I can't see anything,same old gallery offering on Lockscreen,can't see anything n Google Plus either.Must be missing something ,somewhere.You think perhaps we will be getting 5.0.1 update?

Is the stock email app still there or did they remove it? Not the gmail, just the regular stock email app

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
thats still there.But I have to say that this upgrade for what I can see now has not done any good for the LG G3.If it could easily be done I would go back to KitKat 4.4.2.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2