What is a good after market car audio for LG G3?

Vandy4theVille

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
After market car audio for LG G3

So I'm a convert...from having no issues with iPhones, I just wanted a switch (and to get my soul back) and I've been super jacked with this phone. I've had the G3 for a few months now and keep finding sweet stuff about it! My problem now is that I'm tired of listening to my music in my car via the phone speaker (04 Hyundai Sante Fe's apparently didn't come stock with an audio aux port, crazy right?!). I see a lot of after market car stereos that are "iPod Ready" (I'm not sure why I'm not seeing the Android love) but either way, I want to know if anyone has any input on some good options out there...Should I be looking at Bluetooth or can I get by with just an audio jack? Is there a sound quality difference between the two? I'm not looking to wake up the neighborhood coming home from work so not concerned about power output, etc. I just want something that sounds good to me in the car. I'll probably be listening to music via Spotify so I don't know if that affects anything either.

Thanks!
Go Cards

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: After market car audio for LG G3

(04 Hyundai Sante Fe's apparently didn't come stock with an audio aux port, crazy right?!)

My 2006 Cadillac did not come with one either. Actually, it does have one but it is located under the rear dashboard, near the satellite radio.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Most audio systems are, unfortunately, geared towards the iPod / iPhone. Apple established a standard that works with all their devices. Android devices vary a lot from vendor to vendor.

Your best bet is probably a system that has Bluetooth or an Aux input. I don't think you'll find many that let you actually control the phone from the head unit.

As far as BT vs. Aux input, BT is more convenient, Aux will probably provide better audio quality. But note that the Aux out on the G3 doesn't get along well with some car audio systems. The latest updates are supposed to fix this, but I don't have any first hand knowledge of whether it really works.

Vandy4theVille

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately no dice with my car...there's nothing to switch to an aux setting on the stock stereo, just AM/FM, tape and CD...

And that's what I figured for the difference in sound quality between Bluetooth and Aux...sounds like I'd want a deck that could do both in case one starts sucking and I kind of figured the controls wouldn't work

Posted via the Android Central App

BORIStheBLADE

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty impressed with where Bluetooth audio is is now a days. I have a BT adapter in my car and love it.
Since you don't have any option you will need to buy a new stereo.

anon(5804888)

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If you have tape, you might be able to find one of those adapters that fit in where the tapes go. PS - aux in my 2012 Dodge minivan works great.

Ashley_Renee79

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

We have Kenwood stereos in 2 of our vehicles they are awesome. You can get models that support Pandora and iheart radio also. I have one that does Pandora and I use it all the time. It has buttons for thumbs up/down. You can customize the colors and display options too.

frankos39

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

have you tried those "parrot" systems? phone / audio plays as thought it was a factory B/T setup?

wowagorilla

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
What model is your Kenwood? Does the LG g3 phone pair up for bluetooth calling? Kenwood does not list the g3 as being compatible with most of their receivers.
Thanks

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If you have tape, you might be able to find one of those adapters that fit in where the tapes go. PS - aux in my 2012 Dodge minivan works great.

What he said about the cassette adapter if you don't want to spend the money on a new radio, dash kit and harness.
I'm sure you can also tap into the factory wiring and disable the cassette audio and input from your phone with rca's.

Drlandeau

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site

I just installed a pioneer AVH-x2700BS. I pairs good with the G3 for Bluetooth calling, I use the Aux input for music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX