On the LG g3 Verizon Message homepage on the left side you can open Customize ALL

Gregg Heilman

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
On the LG g3 Verizon Message homepage on the top left side you can open Customize ALL, my wife and I have the same LG G3 phone and both of us under Customize ALL - Backgrounds - a long list of Joe 1 This is a test msg 1 yesterday , there are 14 of these all say Joe 2 This is a test msg 14 yesterday etc. WHAT ARE THESE AND WHAT ARE THEY FOR?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but I am trying figure out what you are asking.
Is this on you phone?
Are you talking about text messaging, email??

Gregg Heilman

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, yes tonight I went to my contacts to send a Verizon Text Message like you do through the contact list. When I check on the Homepage of the Verizon Text Message App we both now have a little RED CIRCLE with a pointer in the center in the left hand lower corner of the page. If I tap on it shows PEOPLE YOU RECENTLY CONTACTED and names them.

We never had this before or the Joe 1 This is test msg 1, 2 and on and on under the BACKGROUNDS on the left hand side Menu for Customize All.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just went through what you did; went to contacts, picked a contact, touched the text messaging icon....not sure what you mean by homepage.
Once I hit the text message icon by the contact name it takes me to text messaging, no home page......
"When I check on the Homepage of the Verizon Text Message App" I am not understanding this part.

Gregg Heilman

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
You know the Verizon Text Message App Icon, if I open that by tapping on the ICON it is there I have the RED CIRCLE NOW with a list of text messages I sent.

Gregg Heilman

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
While on that same page at the top left you can open the CUSTOMIZE ALL menu. Under Backgrounds is where we get the long list of Joe This is a test msg

Minacious

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I promptly deleted Verizon's Messaging app and just use the stock Android one, but it reads like you may be referring to the auto-reply section where you can customize the messages, and what you are seeing is some example text populating each one. Again, just a guess.

Gregg Heilman

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
We have Verizon Fios and all these programs work well together, at this point I will leave it alone however I would like to know where the RED CIRCE came from over night.

Minacious

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity I reinstalled Verizon's messaging app. I don't have the red circle you are referring to, but I believe the repeat names you are describing is where you can customize the color of the message box as well as their background. You did say that you are in the "customize all" section.

If you have the messaging app syncing with the web, I do not, it may also have something to do with that. The app also has a feature that can track your phone with GPS so that you and the recipient, if both using the app, can see where each other are. That circle with the pointer in the middle may represent that the feature is enabled.

If you press the power and volume down button on the back of the phone, this will take a screenshot. Upload that shot here so we can see exactly what you are talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2