What is a good iTunes equivalent to transfer music from PC to LG G3?

Turns31

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Need an iTunes equivalent to transfer music from PC to LG G3

This is my first Android phone. I had 4 previous generations of iPhones before finally making the switch. What I miss most was the simplicity of adding music and making playlists on my computer and syncing them over to my phone. LG's PC Suite is not compatible with my version(LS990). Tried and tried on 3 different computers. Called LG twice and they said they don't offer it for mine. I'm to the point where I'll pay the $39 or whatever it takes. All I really need to do is manage my music, pics, and apps between the two. I've looked at Mobiletransgo and Moborobo and Airdroid. I don't care if it's done wirelessly or with usb. Just need something better than using Windows Explorer.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need an iTunes equivalent to transfer music from PC to LG G3

I believe the app that's regarded as an iTunes equivalent by most is DoubleTwist. You can also use MediaMonkey to manage your library and then just plug in your phone and have the program sync with it.

EWT

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

isyncr will sync your itunes info/media/playlists with an android device. Pretty seamless once you have it installed on the phone and PC.

zhris

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

I simply plug my phone into the PC and it recognizes the phone (and the SD card) as external drives, letting me drag and drop whatever I want. I'm assuming there may be drivers involved, but the PC (Windows 8.1) handled that automagically.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I simply plug my phone into the PC and it recognizes the phone (and the SD card) as external drives, letting me drag and drop whatever I want. I'm assuming there may be drivers involved, but the PC (Windows 8.1) handled that automagically.

That's my preferred method as well (or was, back when I used MP3 files, which seems like ages ago) but the OP doesn't want to use Window's 'ways'. And to be fair, on iTunes (or similar library management apps, including Windows Media Player), you can manage your library without needing your phone connected to your computer and create playlists that will transfer over 'automagically' when you do plug in your phone.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

I used doublet twist when I first switched to Android and really liked it. I even paid money for the air sync app that transfers music through wifi.

MkVsTheWorld

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

You want to use Google Play Music. Granted, you'll need upload your music library, but once it's there, you can download your music to your phone as needed. And you can create play lists too.

Peter Rokkos

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Another vote for iSyncer

I use iTunes for my families iphones and itunes purchases. When I switched to Android, needed something that would let me keep all the benefits of itunes, specifically playlists, music management and most importantly to me podcasts. I think itunes is pretty bad actually but I have yet to find a better media manager particularly since i have 4 or 5 iphones/pads floating around in our house.

iSyncer sits on your PC and your phone, and semi-reliably updates at set intervals wirelessly transferring over whatever you have designated it to. I say semi-regularly because there are definite hiccups including not updated automatically sometimes, losing connectivity to the PC on occasion.

But for a couple of bucks, it definitely is the best I've found after a pretty deep exploration. I coupe that with Rocketplayer for music and podcast playing. Never been a Google music fan at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo