Shut off and unresponsive

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else had this issue.

My 28 day old perfectly virgin stock Steel Blue At&t G3 from best buy shut off and won't turn on or charge for that matter. I opened up the game Injustice Gods Among Us and during the start screen it just went blank.

Tried all forms of battery pulls and holding power and power plus vol down to no avail. Authorized Device Support center a few miles away has no replacement nor fix for this. Had to call at&t to send a new one and send this back, hopefully by Tuesday.

Saddest part is they have no blue. Now I'll be stuck with a refurb black one. Worst first world problem ever at Christmas time I know lol.

Google search came up with nothing. Any ideas? I have it until later this week and using my old Optimus G in the meantime.

Posted via the Android Central App

****************Update 12/30************
So new battery did not help turn on my Blue G3. Let it charge a while and still nothing.

Refurb phone works well with both batteries. Fully charged the old battery and using it now.

Still sad I have a refurb and still wondering if this old battery had anything to do with the breakage.

Oh well. Got a New battery out of it. Now I just have to buy a spare battery charger lol.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest letting it sit plugged into the charger overnight. In the morning, try turning it on. If that doesn't work, then consider a battery replacement. It's a bit odd that the battery would be bad this soon, but it's worth a shot.

If nothing fixes it, then it's going to need to be replaced. Unfortunately, you won't be getting the same color, which is a nice color to have.

Let us know how things go.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Does AT&T have a store with service a center somewhere near you? When I was on Sprint I would go into one of those stores and they could fix most things then and there. If not then they would order me a replacement.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Does AT&T have a store with service a center somewhere near you? When I was on Sprint I would go into one of those stores and they could fix most things then and there. If not then they would order me a replacement.

I mentioned I did. They don't have any LG g3 spare parts or batteries to test yet which is why they directed me to call at&t.

Pressed the power button this morning and a picture of the battery with a 0% popped up for a good 2 seconds. Plugged it in for hours and nothing still. Called at&t back and had them send me a new battery. If it works I'll send back the refurb since it's on the way.

Posted via the Android Central App

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
did yours end up being a bad battery?

Honestly, I have no idea. It didn't occur to me that it could be the battery since the device was brand new...but now that I think about it, I suppose it could have been. My device was replaced and the new one works great...so I can't say.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I have no idea. It didn't occur to me that it could be the battery since the device was brand new...but now that I think about it, I suppose it could have been. My device was replaced and the new one works great...so I can't say.

I can almost guarantee it was the battery. But glad you got your replacement as you should have.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Battery should be here today and it'll tell me whats up. I still want to get a spare battery though. Just cant decide between the Caseology 2 pack with charger or the Anker plus charger.

ANyone have experience? Supposedly some reviews are fake on Amazon lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon