Can I get some help cleaning up my contacts?

Lauri Pantos

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Need help cleaning up contacts !

Just switched from Iphone to LG G3. Imported all contacts from iphone into google contacts. When I set up my phone I apparently downloaded all the contacts before I cleaned them up. Went into google contacts and deleted a bunch; today when the phone synced, the deleted contacts were back on my phone.

how can I end up with just the contacts I want on both my phone and google account and then, be able to add contacts on my phone that will sync to the google account?

Do i need to remove all the contacts from my phone, re-clean up the google account and then sync?
If so, how do I delete all the contacts off the phone -
Thanks!!

ETA - so I followed the suggestion below and turned off syncing and deleted contacts off my phone and turned syncing back up - yet, I have no contacts . Can I force it to sync?

Last edited:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Need help cleaning up contacts !

First, disable account sync in settings.

Then delete all the contacts off your phone, and clean up/delete any from the (Google Accounts website.)

Now you are ready to add contacts from the phone, but make sure you select the Google account at the top of the new contact screen, instead of SIM or Phone. This will ensure that the account is synced with the rest of your Google contacts.

Oh, and remember to turn syncing back on.

Lauri Pantos

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

so I followed the suggestion below and turned off syncing and deleted contacts off my phone and turned syncing back up - yet, I have no contacts . Can I force it to sync?

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

so I followed the suggestion below and turned off syncing and deleted contacts off my phone and turned syncing back up - yet, I have no contacts . Can I force it to sync?

You may do so by going to settings and uncheck and check the checkbox besides the Contacts under Google under Accounts and Sync from Settings.