lg g3 issue phone is rooted

alexz310

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
So i rooted my phone with stump root and everything was goin good intil a couple of weeks ago when phone updated. Now some stuff thats only works with rooted phone does nt work anymore... Greenify is on that actually has some issues as well as du battery saver.. Any help will be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 28414.jpg
    28414.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 86

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Accepting an OTA update un-roots your phone so all those apps that require root no longer work. You're going to have to root again.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're lucky, updating unroots the phone. Some phones just won't update if they're rooted - the update fails until you reflash the stock ROM.

alexz310

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Hmm ok anyway i tried to re root my phone again but it keeps telling me that my phone is already rooted. If you guys could direct me to a place where i might get more help ill be really happy

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 29677.jpg
    29677.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 82

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What version of the phone do you have (Sprint, Verizon, etc.)?

The latest updates on most carriers broke existing root methods. In order to root, you'll need to use the LG Flashtool and a PC to revert to an older version of the ROM, then reroot. Then you can probably find a pre-rooted version of the update to install.

Lot's of detailed information on XDA. You might want to start here: [Guide] LG G3 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Sto… | LG G3 | XDA Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I missed that. In that case, he should look here (same process as the initial link, but for Sprint only):

[GUIDE][DISCUSSION] How To Restore The Sprin… | Sprint LG G3 | XDA Forums

Here's Stumproot:

[Root] Stump Root for LG Devices (2012 - 201… | LG G3 | XDA Forums

And here's Bump, to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP:

Bump! - Unlock your LG G3 with TWRP! (Sprint… | Sprint LG G3 | XDA Forums

And here's a stock ZV6 ROM: that can be flashed on a rooted, bumped ZV4 phone and retain root:

[FIRMWARE] Sprint LG G3 LS990 ZV6 TOT, OTA a… | Sprint LG G3 | XDA Forums

Finally, lots of choices for ROMs other than stock on XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool