Calls sounding tinny

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have my G3 since it came out. Been loving it. However it's developed a call quality issue in the past day.

When I'm talking to someone the call sounds "tinny', I think that's the word for it. When anyone talks it sounds like there's a buzzing noise, like something is vibrating maybe. I've tried to press on the speaker grill, but it doesn't help.

Anyone else have this problem? It is extremely annoying, plus it makes it harder to hear the person who's talking.

Don

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Still under warranty? Bring it in and have it fixed or replaced before the warranty expires.

Not under warranty? There are a number of possibilities, most of which are bad-part-related, some could be firmware-related, but analyzing it alone would probably be more than you'd want to pay to have it fixed, so it one of those "learn to live with it" situations.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Go into the dialer app, tap the menu icon, and then choose Call settings.

Make sure the Hearing aids setting isn't checked. Try toggling Voice enhancement and see if that makes a difference.

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried the settings and.. no difference. I guess I run by the ATT store Monday and see what they say. I would think it's still under warranty. I also have the extra insurance.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae