Overheating issue

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have owned the the g3 since October last 3 months i have been experiencing the phone getting hot....
brightness is set on auto, i clear cache regularly. Seems to happen more when charging.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
So it's been happening since you got the phone, basically?

Bring it back and ask them to either fix or replace it. (It could be something as simple as a defective battery, it could be something as bad as a bad motherboard. In any case, it's covered under the warranty.)

lynne22

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Define hot. It's a big battery, and I'd expect it to get hot. My current LG gets hot when charging, or using it in some situations. And it's nowhere near the capacity of the G3 battery. It's not to hot to handle, but it's definitely above warm....no dangers that I have observed.....

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Well it very warm in back even through the case.... Phone tends to lag even with cache cleared... If i leave it be for a little while it will begin to operate normally.. I am not a big gamer or using it as a hot spot either

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The battery itself shouldn't get too hot while charging IR using the phone. The hottest point should be the power button as that's where the System on Chip and memory is located.

That being said, it sounds like you might have a bad battery. Have you gotten two replacement phones already?

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
i went ahead and did some researched through several different web sites and the temperature my phone is running is average when its (hot/warm) it ranges 100 -102 f after and during heavy use and at the hottest it was 105f. i believe my case may also be contributing to the heat (spigen slim armor ) its very insulated (girlfreinds phone is running warmer she just bought a spigen slim armor case for her note 3) so last 4 days the case has been off and doesn't seem as warm although temperature is ranging the same. still tends to lag a bit but not as bad and when its charging from near depletion its the worse.... going to buy a single ply case to see if it changes from current condition ...

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The battery running at that temperature is normal, like you said. However, taking that case off will definitely make it cooler. Just not the battery so much as the CPU/GPU.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol